people with house chickens

Aww, she was gorgeous. I can't imagine what it was like to lose her
hugs.gif
knock on wood, I haven't lost a bird yet, but I know it's going to tear me up. You can't help but get attached to them as time goes by, and you go through stuff together. Same with my dog of 8 years. She went through my divorce with me, losing my mom, you know, all the stuff life throws at you. Dogs and chickens are great listeners. anyway thanks for your help and have a good night.

Frizzle on her perch. She still doesn't have a diaper. I might order one from Louise's Country Closest. Anyone have any luck with them?
I personally didn't, but I have heard good things. I'll preach until the end of the world about the Hen Holster from Crazy K Farm though, bit more expensive but well worth it. Great quality, velcro straps (I ended up sewing on little metal snaps so I could make it a bit tighter) and comes with two plastic removable liners that are very easy to clean.

House chicken thread! Awesome!!!

Here's mine :)

We have Phantom, a Silver Partridge Silkie rooster (5 months old now), Polka Dot, who is a Sizzle with straight feathers, from what I've been told, and those two little clowns, Onyx the Frizzle, and Pearl the Porcelain d'uccle.

They are spoiled, cuddled daily, and brighten up the entire house. Both dogs and the cat get along with them wonderfully. They're just awesome :D

Here's mine
smile.png

We have Phantom, a Silver Partridge Silkie rooster (5 months old now), Polka Dot, who is a Sizzle with straight feathers, from what I've been told, and those two little clowns, Onyx the Frizzle, and Pearl the Porcelain d'uccle.

They are spoiled, cuddled daily, and brighten up the entire house. Both dogs and the cat get along with them wonderfully. They're just awesome
big_smile.png
Oh my goodness... the second one (Polka Dot I believe) is absolutely gorgeous! I love her!
The rest are beautiful as well, you're lucky to have such a nice little house flock :) Haven't heard of someone with 4 yet!

Awww, thank you! I think Polka Dot is one of the prettiest and most unique chickens I've ever seen! I was lucky to get her, because she is the glue that holds our little flock together. :)

She's the best little mommy! She will sit on any egg you give her, and she instantly took to the little ones when I brought them home. They were only 5 days old, and she took them in as her own. She even let the babies ride around on her back when they were small enough. Haha.

Here's mine
smile.png

They are spoiled, cuddled daily, and brighten up the entire house. Both dogs and the cat get along with them wonderfully. They're just awesome
big_smile.png

I love Phantom's pose.....we call that stretch "bird ballet"
smile.png
And Polka Dot is gorgeous!!! Onyx and Pearl look like they're 'dustbathing' on the carpet....that always cracks me up!

Yup! Hahaha. And thank you :) I'm very proud of these ridiculous little children! The stretching out in the sun always makes me laugh, and Pearl has this way of scooting across the floor in all directions while doing her dust bathing thing. Adorable!

Yup! Hahaha. And thank you
smile.png
I'm very proud of these ridiculous little children! The stretching out in the sun always makes me laugh, and Pearl has this way of scooting across the floor in all directions while doing her dust bathing thing. Adorable!
Awwww that was adorable, the little one riding around on his "mama's" back. I didn't know chicks did that.

Back
Top Bottom