people with house chickens

We diaper our birds for the same reasons you diaper your babies.. they are unable to control their natural functions and it wouldn't be sanitary to have fecal matter on the floor. They are specially made for chickens (believe it or not the original bird diaper I believe is called a Flight Suit, made for parrots and other pet birds, this happened quite a bit before chicken diapers), just as your diapers are specially made for babies. As long as they are changed regularly, it is quite clean.
I have never had a bird fly onto the counter, they tend to stay on the floor or the couch if you let them. They have their favourite spots, or person and they will tend to stay near by. My girl would just follow me wherever I went, and I loved it.

But I am not here to argue, we have our different opinions and I respect that. Just don't be so quick to come to conclusions that you haven't personally experienced. I would bring a chicken in the house again in an instant, she kept a smile on my face constantly!

Quote: OMG I am so glad I'm not the only person that travels with their birds
lol.png
Faith and Hope always travel in my Truck to appointments and just cruzin around. They love it. My dog is jealous as hell though.Just survived Faithy passing an egg with no shell yesterday. She is still inside with me until I deem her ok. I dunno when that will be. Scared the hell outta me though.I found her on the lawn Sunday afternoon just standing there like a zombie, so took her in. Put her on a hot pad and twenty minutes later she passed this "thing". I grossed out and took a pic. It looked like an amniotic sacwith an egg yolk. No shell whatsoever. Sorry to gross everyone out but I am still trying to come to terms with what I saw. Uck . Poor baby. She perked right up after that and had a few bouts of diarreah. Hasn't passed an egg yet though. Still waiting. Oh and thanks Phantom, your not getting rid of me that easy
big_smile.png
It will take more than a cold to kill me. Take care everyone.

We diaper our birds for the same reasons you diaper your babies.. they are unable to control their natural functions and it wouldn't be sanitary to have fecal matter on the floor. They are specially made for chickens (believe it or not the original bird diaper I believe is called a Flight Suit, made for parrots and other pet birds, this happened quite a bit before chicken diapers), just as your diapers are specially made for babies. As long as they are changed regularly, it is quite clean.
I have never had a bird fly onto the counter, they tend to stay on the floor or the couch if you let them. They have their favourite spots, or person and they will tend to stay near by. My girl would just follow me wherever I went, and I loved it.

But I am not here to argue, we have our different opinions and I respect that. Just don't be so quick to come to conclusions that you haven't personally experienced. I would bring a chicken in the house again in an instant, she kept a smile on my face constantly!
Some of us just like out outside babies inside where we can spend more time with them...
big_smile.png
Don't worry my husband doesn't "get it" either. It is entirely a matter of personal choice. We're all friends here. All of us.

Glad to hear your little bird is okay, and yourself as well! :)

Yeah, I don't think the awesomeness of chicken adventures can be overstated. They enjoy it, we enjoy it, random onlookers take pictures and want to ask all kinds of questions.. It's just fun :D

And this not being able to post pictures all of a sudden is really annoying :(

That sucks. How long have you been having probs posting pics? More than just today? I would let the administrators know. I have heard of it happening to other people before. Hey just curious, are you ever scared that your legless kids are gonna eat your feathered kids?
lau.gif

That sucks. How long have you been having probs posting pics? More than just today? I would let the administrators know. I have heard of it happening to other people before. Hey just curious, are you ever scared that your legless kids are gonna eat your feathered kids? :lau

Mainly just today, and I think it probably has something to do with the app.. Although, I've been using it this whole time :/

And no worries about legless kids... I gave them to someone who really wanted some for their kids.. So, other than the two dogs and the cat, I'm all feathers now :D

Mainly just today, and I think it probably has something to do with the app.. Although, I've been using it this whole time :/

And no worries about legless kids... I gave them to someone who really wanted some for their kids.. So, other than the two dogs and the cat, I'm all feathers now :D

I'm so confused. :lol: Legless kids??

Taco would NEVER jump on our kitchen counter . . . but my dog did once. She would fly up to the book shelf filled with stuffed animals and nestle herself in between two of them (just like ET did in the closet scene).

She was such a joy and brought smiles and love to so many people. We were greatly blessed to have had her walk into our lives.

If you walk outside and then wear those shoes inside your home you are bringing in all that "nature has" with you.
We as a nation have more allergies/ immune issues that most any other country. Wonder why?
hmm.png

My moms dog just attacked Sunni. She was under the table begging for food scraps, and he got mad and attacked her. I kicked him away from her before he could really hurt her, but I thought she was dead at first. Her eyes were rolled back and she wasnt moving. Now she's standing up in her coop, but she's in shock. I think she's asleep now.

The only injuries I found was a little scrape on the side of her face, and a large bruise under her feathers behind her comb. I really hope she has no lasting damage from this. :hit

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom