people with house chickens

Everyone's turkeys are so pretty! I've never owned a turkey and I never knew they could become house pets the way chickens can. Now I know!
@gryeyes , I just want to give your turkeys a big hug!
smile.png

Eggnog has found a new roosting place.....my belly! Im laying down on the couch and me feet are hanging off the end... Shes in full relaxation tail down ! Shes so cool ive only had her for a week and a half about, she adapted to being a house chicken pretty quick i would say!

How is all the indoor poultry doing today? My recovering Silkie Roo is completely spoiled and is loving hand feeding, chit chatting, and cuddling. His girlie doesn't like it when I take him out of the crate for his treatments. Lol. Keeping him as warm as I possibly can at this point without overheating. Our old house is so cold and drafty we wear layers in the house!

As I was picking up shoes this morning I remembered this hysterical "blending in" House chicken moment a few years back.

I must have passed her several times that morning w/o noticing
lau.gif

Charlie. . . what a love, overall ham and still our dog's best play pal.

@leenie that is so funny and adorable! When I used to have guinea pigs a few years ago I accidentally left one of the guinea pigs out and I couldn't. Find her anywhere. I eventually found her next to a pile of stuffed animals. She blended right in! Too funny.

Morning, everyone!

As always, what an adorable collection of house chickens/turkeys/ducks!

I've been kind of absent here lately, so I apologize. Work has been insane.. I had to go over to one of our other stores in the middle of a Friday, count all the inventory, then fire the manager and take over the store. This was on the 20th. So, yeah... Been busy trying to turn things around over there.

But I'm back! I didn't get the chance to post it on here, but I'm 99% sure my other baby Sebright is actually a Modern Game Bantam. Legs just keep growing, and none of the feathers are laced with black. We have been calling her Stork Bird, because of those comically long legs. She's a total sweetheart, and just wants to come out of the coop all the time and hang with people. And dogs, and cats. Even though she has 6 other companions in her coop with her, she just wants people attention.

What do you guys think? Modern Game Bantam?

She is cute. But I have a question. Does she wear a chicken diaper in the house? If not, how do you keep up with her? I have 4 and have to clean up the patio area on a daily basis. They won't walk on the snow, so the patio, which is a large area gets the brunt of their many treats. Also, if they do manage to get in the house, they go straight for the cat and dog food, and that isn't good for them.

Back
Top Bottom