people with house chickens

Here is a pic of my house chicken enjoying the California sun this morning.

Thank you so much! ! Her and her two sisters live in the house. They have a outside run and outside house as well. It seems though they are only inside. I'll take them out to play but they live in side. They have a room all to them selves. My hubby calls it "the girls room" it took some convincing but he's good with them staying inside. They have a HUGE box big enough for me to lay in both ways and it has their shavings in it and they sleep there. They get along great with my three dogs and three cats. But I still won't leave them unattended with my other pets just in case. In the spring they will play outside on special pasture I planted but they will be brought in at night. When it gets hot here (it gets 115 degrees) they will spend all the time inside because it will be way to hot for them. This works out very well. I'm my weather it's either too cold or too hot for my little silkies to stay outside all the time. I guess I'm just a protective chicken mommy.but I really enjoy having them inside. I think they enjoy it as well. They still get their outside time but they live inside. Each one is so sweet and loving. They love people and love to lay on my belly while watching TV. I feel so blessed with my girls!! They bring so much joy into my life.!!

Back
Top Bottom