people with house chickens

That is the neatest looking rooster. He is so small, would you know what breed? sorry about the little white hen. It always works out that way.

@ChickenPeep I love the history channel ! This guy in my avatars hair is amazing. It makes my day.....Go Ancient Aliens!

@Chickie Momma I thinks its so cool that you've been interested. I swear the eggs have become a full time hobby. And that thread comes up with the funniest things. My aunt is actually working on posting tonights candling pictures right now. I am surprised how good everything is going, it makes me genuinely happy, and its soo cool to see the progression.

How is everybody? Hows those house chickens? and how is winter treating you guys?

Frizzle is enjoying some walking around time. She doesn't wear diapers. They haven't worked for us so far. Either didn't fit, stay on, or made a mess on her behind. But she has been a full time house chicken in September last year. She lives in a parrot cage with a modified base. I will admit that it isn't very big for her and she could use more space but I have yet to figure out a better situation for her. In the spring I'm going to put her outside during the day somehow so she can get some sun and forge. She hasn't laid her first egg yet so I'm guessing she isn't getting enough light inside. She's a great pet and I hope someday I can give her a friend or two and a bigger area to live in.

That is the neatest looking rooster. He is so small, would you know what breed? sorry about the little white hen. It always works out that way.

@ChickenPeep I love the history channel ! This guy in my avatars hair is amazing. It makes my day.....Go Ancient Aliens!

@Chickie Momma I thinks its so cool that you've been interested. I swear the eggs have become a full time hobby. And that thread comes up with the funniest things. My aunt is actually working on posting tonights candling pictures right now. I am surprised how good everything is going, it makes me genuinely happy, and its soo cool to see the progression.

How is everybody? Hows those house chickens? and how is winter treating you guys?

Thanks. I'm not sure of the breed. I think he is just some sort of mix.

Hi folks!

My three Christmas/December chicks are still inside....they had respiratory infections which caused them to come inside in the first place, but have recovered, although one is pretty runty. I don't think s/he'll (I think he) ever really thrive, but you never know. The other two are roosters. Incidentally, of the last 14 chicks that have hatched, TEN have been boys...amazing!
roll.png

All of them are extremely cuddly and look forward to 'couch' time in the evenings.

My two for-sure boys - Hercules (the light one) and Chip, the tiny dark one with the over-achiever comb.
big_smile.png

Chip trying to look impressive, and the littler runty one that still has a lot of baby fuzz. S/he's the oldest one but looks the youngest. I hadn't named this one yet because I really didn't think s/he was going to make it...looked so horrible only 2 weeks ago! This picture makes me realize I need to do a beak trim!

Any name suggestions?
smile.png

Hi folks! My three Christmas/December chicks are still inside....they had respiratory infections which caused them to come inside in the first place, but have recovered, although one is pretty runty. I don't think s/he'll (I think he) ever really thrive, but you never know. The other two are roosters. Incidentally, of the last 14 chicks that have hatched, TEN have been boys...amazing!:rolleyes: All of them are extremely cuddly and look forward to 'couch' time in the evenings. My two for-sure boys - Hercules (the light one) and Chip, the tiny dark one with the over-achiever comb. :D Chip trying to look impressive, and the littler runty one that still has a lot of baby fuzz. S/he's the oldest one but looks the youngest. I hadn't named this one yet because I really didn't think s/he was going to make it...looked so horrible only 2 weeks ago! This picture makes me realize I need to do a beak trim! Any name suggestions? :)
Oh my. They are so cute! :) Perfect little pair. I'm no good with names... My chickens are sugar and George Haha.. I appear to be uncreative naming chickens. Glad they're doing well. :)

its awesome I'm not alone :) this is Blondie. She has been inside most here life, she is 9 months. I hatched31 eggs and once I got them out in the coop, the others pecked her nearly to death. I believe its because she is the only white one. So she is forever my inside girl. She has her boyfriend visit, his name is speedy and he is great inside when he comes in, loves it but cant talk hubby into 2 house chickens. But she is sitting on 7 eggs atm:) more babies

Hi folks!

My three Christmas/December chicks are still inside....they had respiratory infections which caused them to come inside in the first place, but have recovered, although one is pretty runty. I don't think s/he'll (I think he) ever really thrive, but you never know. The other two are roosters. Incidentally, of the last 14 chicks that have hatched, TEN have been boys...amazing!
roll.png

All of them are extremely cuddly and look forward to 'couch' time in the evenings.

My two for-sure boys - Hercules (the light one) and Chip, the tiny dark one with the over-achiever comb.
big_smile.png

Chip trying to look impressive, and the littler runty one that still has a lot of baby fuzz. S/he's the oldest one but looks the youngest. I hadn't named this one yet because I really didn't think s/he was going to make it...looked so horrible only 2 weeks ago! This picture makes me realize I need to do a beak trim!

Any name suggestions?
smile.png

They are all so cute! I didn't name Finn until I knew that he was a boy. I just called him "chicken" and he responded to that, lol.

Back
Top Bottom