people with house chickens

Hey I posted this question on Muffies Adventures. Fb page of different ways to euthanize and I got this answer
I don't do chickens but I am a wildlife rehabilitator and, sadly, have to put animals both mammals and songbirds, down sometimes. I use Isoflurane which I get from the wildlife center that I am associated with. Would the vet be willing to sell you some?
She know I know a wild life rescue lady I don't know if they have a co2 chamber or of they can euthanize for someone but maybe check a local wildlife rescue?

Also.. My friend has a snake and they feed it mice and rats but not live they out them in the freezer they fall asleep n pass away

My grandparents came over for a visit yesterday and invited us to go on a weekend vacation with them late March or early April. I know for a fact that I could never leave Sunni with a 'babysitter" for a whole weekend, and she definitely wouldn't like that. She can't stand it if I leave the room for more than 5 minutes. So, we are considering taking her along and sneaking her into the hotel. Thoughts? There is nobody that I trust enough to give Sunni the care she needs, so it's either go and take her with us, or I stay home while the family goes. Option 2 isn't exactly the most exciting option.

We havent stayed at a hotel in years, so we have no idea, but do you have to have daily room service, or do you get the option to only have the room cleaned when you leave? The last thing I need is to be down by the pool or exploring the city and have a room service lady find Sunni in the hotel room.
lol.png
Sunni doesn't make much noise as long as she has things to keep her content, so I'm not worried about anyone hearing her, I'm just worried about the possibility of someone finding her.

My grandparents came over for a visit yesterday and invited us to go on a weekend vacation with them late March or early April. I know for a fact that I could never leave Sunni with a 'babysitter" for a whole weekend, and she definitely wouldn't like that. She can't stand it if I leave the room for more than 5 minutes. So, we are considering taking her along and sneaking her into the hotel. Thoughts? There is nobody that I trust enough to give Sunni the care she needs, so it's either go and take her with us, or I stay home while the family goes. Option 2 isn't exactly the most exciting option.

We havent stayed at a hotel in years, so we have no idea, but do you have to have daily room service, or do you get the option to only have the room cleaned when you leave? The last thing I need is to be down by the pool or exploring the city and have a room service lady find Sunni in the hotel room. :lol:  Sunni doesn't make much noise as long as she has things to keep her content, so I'm not worried about anyone hearing her, I'm just worried about the possibility of someone finding her.
you can have the option of not being disturbed, but why not choose a pet friendly hotel to start with?

Thanks Kendra. I will ask abt the Iso flurane. She sleeps so much most of the time and I warm her I am sure a deep freezer wouldnt take long, but I dont have a deep freeze, my freezer is so tiny and doesnt keep too cold. Wouldn't want to hear her flappin in my fridge freezer bec she got cold but not o2 deprived enough to fall asleep.

I have how to make a gas euthanizing chamber in my signature line link. B4 you go drastic, what are her symptoms? Sleeping a lot can be worms, sour crop, egg bound, constipated... diarrhea can sometimes be a clue too. Is it bright yellow? Green? Whole bits of grain? Any respiratory? Sorry if you told it already i've been off the thread a while.

@Fuzzybutt love: I have been tnrough it all. Treated her for worms and mites, though mites were just there and not a real problem. She cant walk. Period. And no appetite. I have tube fed her off and on for 2 months with no improvements. I truly believe she has what the old timers refer to as "down in the hocks". She has never laid but one deformed small round egg with a deformed yolk in it. None of my other chickens are remotely as ill as she is. She is wasting away despite my efforts at vitamins an nutrition . I have to hydrate her by tube now most of the time. Its no way for my little one to live. I also keep her warm and in a tote so she cant hurt herself flopping around. :( I love Marilyn and want to end her life with dignity humanely.
2665.png
2665.png
2665.png

her poops are fine btw. All depending on what I feed her lol. I pretty much feed her what she likes mixed with layer feed and fruits and veggies, tuna and scrambled eggs are added sometimes too. She likes yogurt and mac n cheese too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom