people with house chickens

It's a sickness I tell you! There is no cure! Now you be wanting ducks and geese! And apparently it's contagious, because several people at work are now wanting chickens! I think we're having an epidemic, and it started with me! MWAHAHA!

Ikr!! All of the guys at the shop, where my hubby works, continue to threaten to take my sweet Buff & SLP hens. They're like Lays Potato chips, you can't have just one lol! I'm hoping to get a backhoe out here sometime soon so I can start digging a pond in our field & fence it off for some duckies! We have a crawfish pond near the house & a river is the cutoff to our acreage so I need a pond closer to the house so they won't deicide to venture off.

Lol I know what you mean one of mine does the samething. My other one is standoffish Boys are great too but this white one is five months old so he really shocked me today. How's us girls do u have? I have three of each
I've actually got 17 girls and 3 boys.....they're all outside now, although we had three tiny seramas living inside for several months (2 girls 1 boy) they got sick as chicks and so had to recover inside (and I kept them inside for longer than necessary...I really miss having them in the house). They are such fantastic pets! Hubby said no ....
sad.png

Looks like a roo. Do the wing feathers end in a blunt straight line or taper off at a slant? I have a 1yr old Dom roo & he's the sweet lil man ever! He runs to my hubby, 4yr old son & I when he sees us & will wait patiently until we sit down so that he can jump up on our laps for his one on one cuddle time.

Awww
I've actually got 17 girls and 3 boys.....they're all outside now, although we had three tiny seramas living inside for several months (2 girls 1 boy) they got sick as chicks and so had to recover inside (and I kept them inside for longer than necessary...I really miss having them in the house). They are such fantastic pets! Hubby said no ....:(
[/q
I've actually got 17 girls and 3 boys.....they're all outside now, although we had three tiny seramas living inside for several months (2 girls 1 boy) they got sick as chicks and so had to recover inside (and I kept them inside for longer than necessary...I really miss having them in the house). They are such fantastic pets! Hubby said no ....:(

Awww I bet that was a transition. It's easy to get attached to them. They're the cutest!
I'm new to all this so the gender part it really confusing

Looks like a roo. Do the wing feathers end in a blunt straight line or taper off at a slant? I have a 1yr old Dom roo & he's the sweet lil man ever! He runs to my hubby, 4yr old son & I when he sees us & will wait patiently until we sit down so that he can jump up on our laps for his one on one cuddle time.
[/quote
Aww that is so cute! Roosters can be really friendly. I would say the wing feathers are at a slant

Lol I know what you mean one of mine does the samething. My other one is standoffish Boys are great too but this white one is five months old so he really shocked me today. How's us girls do u have? I have three of each

i have three roosters and six hens. It can be done. I retrained my boys to not pick on each other and so far so good, be consistent.

Th
i have three roosters and six hens. It can be done. I retrained my boys to not pick on each other and so far so good, be consistent.

Thanks, I try my best to decipline and be consistent with them. Sometimes they pick on each other, especially one my sweet girls get pecked a lot. Are yours older? Mine are five months old

Th
Thanks, I try my best to decipline and be consistent with them. Sometimes they pick on each other, especially one my sweet girls
;)get pecked a lot. Are yours older? Mine are five months old

Hi. Mine are just a year old. Got them at three weeks, brothers. Raisedbthem together and they do a fine job of comanaging the flock. They are Cochin so very docile, but i still believe they can be taught learned behaviors like a dog, and will now train their sons to follow suit. I wont cull them, they are pets, and trust noone enough to rehome. Love them all.

Hi. Mine are just a year old. Got them at three weeks, brothers. Raisedbthem together and they do a fine job of comanaging the flock. They are Cochin so very docile, but i still believe they can be taught learned behaviors like a dog, and will now train their sons to follow suit. I wont cull them, they are pets, and trust noone enough to rehome. Love them all.

Hey, I agree if you raise them together they should be fine as they get older. They do have behaviors like dogs haha.

All of this talk of roosters is making me miss my boys.... :( I used to have two RIR's named Randy and Rodney. Randy was amazing with the hens, and Rodney was my baby.

I had to re-home both of them when we moved because we can't have roosters in the city. I keep hoping that one day I'll find a silent crower so that I can have a rooster again.... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom