people with house chickens

Hi,
Dottie our house Japanese bantam is foster mom to chicks, here is there outing.

Thanks! There was an ad on a Maine poultry group, someone was getting rid of all of their chickens and four of the older hens were free because they weren't laying as much. She said if we get all four we have to take a rooster, so we only got two for now, my mom said maybe we will get a Buff Orpington tomorrow! I hope so!

Congrats on your new chickies!! How old are they? Has Finn seen them? Now he has some company lol.

Wannabe chicken owner here. I was thinking of getting chickens for a while now but felt sobad about them staying outside freezing or being out at night with all the predators and then I found this thread! I have 2 bathrooms. One is mine alone and a pretty nice size. I wouldn't mind sharing with chickens depending on the smell. Its all tile, big stand up shower so think poop clean up would be easy but do chickens in general smell? How about their feed? I'm looking into 3 silkies for the kids, hopefully to show. I wouldn't mind them running through the house but would need to make sure the cats are out at the time.

I have chickens inside and sometimes there's a smell, and sometimes I don't smell anything. Depends on their poop It's not so bad.

Congrats on your new chickies!! How old are they? Has Finn seen them? Now he has some company lol.
Thanks! They are between 3-4 years old, and I just got another one, Buttercup, today! Finn has only seen them through the windows, once they settle in he's gonna have a day outside! ha!

Thanks! They are between 3-4 years old, and I just got another one, Buttercup, today! Finn has only seen them through the windows, once they settle in he's gonna have a day outside! ha!

I'm sure he will. I now have a total of five Now that my rooster died. They keep each other company.

It could be a sickness, but there are certainly worse things than wanting more chickens. I know I do!

Frizzle the house chicken is enjoying the nice weather. She got outside today and I flipped over some rocks so she could forge for bugs. She loves to dustbathe under the steps.
0.jpg

I found a bag of paper based bedding for her at the Goodwill Store I work at so I bought it for her. She seems to like it better than the shredded paper I usually use. It's softer. This is her coop. There's not much in it right now. She wouldn't use her nestbox so I took it out.

And here she is sitting on my lap for a selfie. She doesn't mind being held at all.

Back
Top Bottom