people with house chickens

you should bring her in or at least separate her so she can heal. Do you have any blue Kote?
We did put Blue kote on her head, and she is going to live with the babies and the Tetra Tints (new chickens we got today). She will come out to free range, but at night she will be in the new coop, and Speckles and Butterbean will be with the ducks. I'm trying to convince my parents to let me keep her inside but Blu honesly doesn't like it in the house, she was just inside for a minute and she was freaking out.

I notice a lot of you that claim house chickens only have them in while they are young. My Shim is forever a house chicken. She has slept with me nearly every night for 4 years. Kitiara has for 3 years. They do love to go outside; the weather must be perfect or they are standing at the door to be let in.

Our 2 new rescues are quickly learning the house chicken ways. They sleep in an indoor coop.

I'm concerned they will poo on me at night. My girls are trained to drop 'it' over the edge of the bed to a potty pad on the floor. But they don't poo unless you wake them up. They also complain when I move a lot. Kitiara likes to walk up and down my leggs. They each pick a corner at the bottom of the bed, Shim sometimes likes to sleep next to the pillow. I usually have 2 cats and 2 dogs in the bed as well. No one fights, just sleepy cuddles.

Oh my gosh, I literally squee'd reading this! The mental image of a soggy chicken begging to be let inside in the rain is just precious. :p How'd you train them to poop off the bed like that? Do they wear diapers during the day?

My RIR hen Blu is getting pretty beat up by the other hens, she just got attacked by Speckles and her comb is bloody. I want her in the house so bad because she is such a sweetheart.

Oh no! my poor girl gets picked on too I just seperate her. Is she doing better with the chicks?

Saw this on another thread.

Lemme get this straight - the author is saying that rampant breeding of domestic fowl has created a spike in aggressive tendencies and abnormal behavior? I guess it makes sense, that's happened a lot with dogs. :/ That left eye/right eye thing is wacky, though. How bizarre that half of their brain does poorly at recognizing friend vs foe?

Also, if her flock's change of behavior is sudden maybe it's worth looking into their health. According to this, if she's in pain or the others are undergoing stress it may explain the sudden attacks.

Back
Top Bottom