people with house chickens

These are my three house hens, Peep, Chirp and Quack. They are all 1 year old.

Here is a picture of them sleeping in their own personal room.

Here is a picture of Peep hiding in a pile of stuffed animals.

Here is a picture of chirp sunbathing with her Buddy

Here is a picture of Quack lounging on the bed with the dogs

Here is a picture of Chirp laying an egg in the dryer

Here is a picture of Peep's painted toenails.

Well I was posting with my Seramas some time ago and they unfortunately had to go because of the rooster.. so I have been sulking, chickenless, in the background.
Well I am back, with one little silky! And she is such a cutie! I don't have a name for her. A couple of pics. Will get some more. One of her in on my shoulder and the other with her in her diaper.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Well I was posting with my Seramas some time ago and they unfortunately had to go because of the rooster.. so I have been sulking, chickenless, in the background.
Well I am back, with one little silky! And she is such a cutie! I don't have a name for her. A couple of pics. Will get some more. One of her in on my shoulder and the other with her in her diaper.
[/URL]
Silkies ARE cuties! We have two. When we kept our Black Silkie indoors before she was old enough to go outdoors she was in-house in diapers I made for her. We washed her tush every night and let her "air" out overnight before putting on a diaper for the next day again. Of all our breeds of chickens we discovered the Silkie tushes are the easiest to baby shampoo, wash, and blow dry. Guess it's because of that fluffy feathering makes it easier to wash and dry than normal feathers. She got so accustomed to our handling her that she is easy to hold, turn upside-down to fit her diaper (or if the vet has to examine her), to pick her up, she knows her boundaries in the house, she knows where to find the hosital/quarantine pen, I could go on and on. They are adorable!

These are my three house hens, Peep, Chirp and Quack. They are all 1 year old.

Here is a picture of them sleeping in their own personal room.

Here is a picture of Peep hiding in a pile of stuffed animals.

Here is a picture of chirp sunbathing with her Buddy

Here is a picture of Quack lounging on the bed with the dogs

Here is a picture of Chirp laying an egg in the dryer

Here is a picture of Peep's painted toenails.

Omg I love your pics!

Well I might be getting a new chick sooner rather then later. Where we keep our horses we had a semi chicken emergency. We had to help extract a broody and her brand new chick, who is super tiny it was able to walk right thru large hex chicken wire. The lady offered me the chick but I need to prep + I want to wait until the chick is 5-6 weeks old, let mom raise it and then separate at typical age when mom would start shooing them off. We thought we had all the eggs out from under her. It wouldn't really be safe or very happy in the yard since it is an only chick. And I did bond with it today/will see it everyday up until then. They're in a seclusion for safety since the chick can walk through the hex wire. But there really isn't away to safely reintroduce mommy and baby until baby is much, much bigger. It is a mixed flock and large mommy got a hold of an almost banty size egg which = this banty baby would not be safe until pretty much it was full sized.

Is there anyone in California who could possibly chicken sit for about a week? Paid of course, the fam is taking a trip to Oregon and Radbird wasn't invited
1f613.png

Last edited:
Where in California are you? Because I'm able to take her anywhere on the way up, she travels well
1f609.png

Right above SF. But I will have to check with my parents. Also we have small (under 30 pound) dogs in the house, that would want to interact with her and would she handle being confined for 2 hours when we have to go feed + care for our horses?

Pity she is a good traveler and they just won't let her come with you on the trip.

Back
Top Bottom