people with house chickens

Y
Right above SF. But I will have to check with my parents. Also we have small (under 30 pound) dogs in the house, that would want to interact with her and would she handle being confined for 2 hours when we have to go feed + care for our horses?

Pity she is a good traveler and they just won't let her come with you on the trip.

Yeah I wish I could take her
1f615.png

She is fine with both dog and cats, in fact she playfights with my moms dog every day
1f606.png
If she vacate uncomfortable she would definitely let them know
1f609.png
you could keep her fully confined if you really wanted too, he just crows when she is left alone
1f601.png

I'll have to see if we could make the detour to SF, if you get permission of course!

I have a house chicken named Kiki. Shes laying in my lap as i'm typing this.
lau.gif
She's 7 weeks old. She wears diapers when she comes out of her play pen. this is only her 2nd day in diapers so shes still getting used to them. I dyed her rainbow with food coloring and she didn't mind a bit. everyone LOVES her color when she struts around the living room.
yippiechickie.gif
She gets alonge great with the dog and cats. They try to give her baths it so funny.

lau.gif
She's 7 weeks old. She wears diapers when she comes out of her play pen. this is only her 2nd day in diapers so shes still getting used to them. I dyed her rainbow with food coloring and she didn't mind a bit. everyone LOVES her color when she struts around the living room.
yippiechickie.gif
She gets alonge great with the dog and cats. They try to give her baths it so funny.

What does she look like? Do you know what breed/breeds she has in her? Do you know that she is definitely a "she"? Pics if you have some? Diapers are tricky for chix to get used to. Some of ours took them right away and others absolutely refused to walk, eat, drink, or do anything wearing one! We had a couple juveniles in-house for a month and had to trim/file their beaks getting too long. We tried a brick by their feed and water and they used it a little but we still had to trim their beaks. Are you going to give your girl opportunities to scratch outside and have dust-baths? We had a little chick that used a hair net left on the table to take her dust bath in - next time she tried to dust bathe on the carpet. They are so cute to watch.

lau.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Pics Please!

Who all here has "permanent" house chickens?
I would like to hear more about your experience with your chicken living indoors.
I would also like to hear about your chicken learning to wear diapers.
My silkie is having a difficult time learning to wear diapers. My seramas had no trouble after a few days... not sure how to help my silkie adjust.

28 days old, I wasn't planning to take Topaz this soon but her 'Mama' lost interest and I had to pull her out last night of the isolation pen because she was almost squished very seriously.

fingers crossed TopaZ is a girl, though I'll try and keep her even if she turned he. She is a true mutt her Dad is a silky mix of some sort, and the guessed birth mom with the feather pattern she is getting is a small Easter egger. She has dads vaulted skull which made me worry until I worked out what it was. She has adjusted really well to living with us for the past 24 hours. Thanks Reinsway for tips also I am sorry again I couldn't chicky sit.

We have an EE who is at the bottom of the pecking order in our little flock of 6. She wasn't feeling well, so we let her come inside to get a break and recoup. Now, she won't go back outside. Lol

28 days old, I wasn't planning to take Topaz this soon but her 'Mama' lost interest and I had to pull her out last night of the isolation pen because she was almost squished very seriously.

fingers crossed TopaZ is a girl, though I'll try and keep her even if she turned he. She is a true mutt her Dad is a silky mix of some sort, and the guessed birth mom with the feather pattern she is getting is a small Easter egger. She has dads vaulted skull which made me worry until I worked out what it was. She has adjusted really well to living with us for the past 24 hours. Thanks Reinsway for tips also I am sorry again I couldn't chicky sit.

Oh wow isn't she gonna be a pretty bird!!

I dropped radbird off with the lovely people who ave her to me today. They are so sweet and let me bring over her playhouse coop and asked for detailed instructions on how to care for her.

We stopped at tacobell for her favorite treat before I left. The lady at the drive-thru was thrilled to see her
1f606.png
She got a beef stuffed nacho all to herself, here's the aftermath.

I'm spending three weeks up in oregon, I miss her already!!

Back
Top Bottom