people with house chickens

So I have a proposition for all y'all.. I had to custom design diapers that my radbird will tolerate (she HATES every model I could find) and after being unable to find one with the same benefits, I'm hoping to "sell them" (not looking for any profits, I just wanna see happy chicks) the diapers fit without and straps touching the wings, so they are free to flap, and the preening gland is fully accessible.

I need 2-3 birds to start of various sizes and preferably who don't normally tolerate their diapers or are often uncomfortable when diapered to see if I could possibly sew off just measurements. And it would be FREE (though donations toward shipping are welcome for subsequent fittings)

Message me or post about how your Birb could benefit from the absence of the shoulder straps, (I will even consider situations where you may be in a tough spot financially and can't afford diapers, me and Rad have been there) I'd appreciate it!

I would love to help but I'm a bit far away for fittings - New Zealand. Chicken Diapers aren't even available here. I have found some in Australia I could get to try if the postage isn't too much. I hope you share some pictures at some point - I'd love to see your design. Goodluck with your enterprise.

​I would love to help but I'm a bit far away for fittings - New Zealand.  Chicken Diapers aren't even available here.  I have found some in Australia I could get to try if the postage isn't too much.  I hope you share some pictures at some point - I'd love to see your design.  Goodluck with your enterprise. 

I think we could try! It could be fun mailing that far away
1f609.png
My original guinea pig was in the UK, so I'm prepared to ship that far! Do you have Facebook?

I think we could try! It could be fun mailing that far away
1f609.png
My original guinea pig was in the UK, so I'm prepared to ship that far! Do you have Facebook?
I don't have a Facebook account but hubby does so I can use his. You'd better check out what the postage would be as it could be quite expensive. We've got three little indoor bantam pullets who are 21 weeks old, a booted bantam and two pekin (cochin) bantams. They caught a respiratory bug outside (thanks wild birds!) and after antibiotics and losing our 4th little pullet (who was the sweetest and friendliest)
hit.gif
I don't want to put them outside again.

I don't have a Facebook account but hubby does so I can use his. You'd better check out what the postage would be as it could be quite expensive. We've got three little indoor bantam pullets who are 21 weeks old, a booted bantam and two pekin (cochin) bantams. They caught a respiratory bug outside (thanks wild birds!) and after antibiotics and losing our 4th little pullet (who was the sweetest and friendliest) :hit  I don't want to put them outside again. 

That's terrible
1f61e.png
I checked and I can mail it for under 10 USD, which is good for me. I just really wanna try this ! Pick which of your ladies needs a diaper first, and we can see about getting measurements
1f609.png

That's terrible
1f61e.png
I checked and I can mail it for under 10 USD, which is good for me. I just really wanna try this ! Pick which of your ladies needs a diaper first, and we can see about getting measurements
1f609.png
Thank you so much for doing this. I'll use Disco, one of the cochin bantams, as she's the friendliest. Just tell me which bits to measure. She is very fluffy so how tight should I pull the tape measure?

Thank you so much for doing this. I'll use Disco, one of the cochin bantams, as she's the friendliest. Just tell me which bits to measure. She is very fluffy so how tight should I pull the tape measure? 

I'll need a measurement around her belly, just behind the wings. From the base her tail to the start of her wings, and the measurement should be snug but not tight. If you could post a photo of your girl out would help me get an idea about her body type, and help me choose what fabrics to work with
1f609.png

I'll need a measurement around her belly, just behind the wings. From the base her tail to the start of her wings, and the measurement should be snug but not tight. If you could post a photo of your girl out would help me get an idea about her body type, and help me choose what fabrics to work with
1f609.png

I think with her build you are right about where to measure her girth size, and you might measure from her vent to wing instead of tail to wing. She is very short backed compared to Rad! Inches would also be great
1f609.png

Rad's starwars diaper (and nifty round pen)

Rad showing off her ID tag attached to the safety pin that holds her diaper straps up (she figured out buttons and Velcro)

Back
Top Bottom