Pepper's Perch---- My lil' coop!!

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
Pepper's Perch

By Gagalerslove

I got my first chickens and chicken coop in April 2010, and this is it. Our flock has grown from 3 to 5 birds. I mean, whose doesn't? Chickens ARE potato chips. And we're soon to add 4 more to our 3 other coops!! We already have the new coop in the making, and there are some photos at the bottom. But this is our cute little coop now, Pepper's Perch. Named after our adorable Barred Rock, Pepper. The run can only keep out hawks, but at night when the other predators come out- the chickens are safely in their coop. I don't have any building pictures because I bought it pre-built, but here it is now.

56934_222.jpg

56934_333.jpg

The girls enjoying their run

56934_444.jpg

56934_555.jpg

The top level- for sleeping and egg laying

56934_666.jpg

First Level

56934_777.jpg

Side view with another entrance/exit for free ranging, (75% of the day), and cleaning. Egg doors on both other sides.

56934_888.jpg

Main door for feeding, watering and entrance to the run which you can open up for free ranging.

56934_hfjkdfhnjfkhnfjdknwhakjbwnfkjebf.jpg

The Gurlz!

Pepper, my first chicken ever! The inspiration for coop name hehe- Barred Rock.

56934_101010.jpg

Amelia, the leader! Used to be the dumb one until we got Liz Lemon!

56934_111111.jpg

Liz Lemon, Buff Orpington. Not the brightest, we're begenning to think she might have bad eyesight
sad.png
poor chickie

56934_121212.jpg

Zucchini, smallest but FIERCE! She likes to take on Liz and Lily--- ISN'T SHE ADORABLE?? EE

56934_131313.jpg

And last and least in the pecking order, Lily- BSL trying out her future digs! (Black Sexlink)

56934_141414.jpg

And this is the new coop that is on it's way- not done yet but will have a ramp and a HUGE chicken run that you can stand in (well, it's big for urban chickens). I'd say it's about 12 x 5. We are very excited! The coop will have 3 large windows covered with hardware cloth for ventilation and light, and a tin roof. Will post more pics when it is done and run has been added.

56934_gdw.jpg

56934_ghui.jpg

What do you guys think? Thanks for looking!
big_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!!
big_smile.png
Well after I move these 5 into the new coop (with 14 x 5 run), I'll use the coop they're in now to hold 2 others, and then 2 others in my OTHER coop. I have quite a few lol

Aren't they so much fun? I started out with a small a-frame coop, and three little peeps. Now I'm up to 19 chickens. This spring, I bought a used animal barn (8x12) from Craig's list, and we just tore down a coop my hubby built that was nice to start with, but not real practical. I do wish I could have more. So hard to resist, but I have finally put a cap on myself.....must control....must control.....
tongue.png

Yeah they are! But I'm CENTURIES away from that cap!!!! God it's all BYC's fault!
gig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! We just got it delivered from the feed store, but I made the run on my own. Haha. It's so cheap but... it works great!

Very sweet girls! They sure are addicting...

What is that platform in front of Pepper's perch? Looks like it is not really being used? Couldn't you wire it in and let the chickens have access to it? If you use hardware cloth it may even be a nice place for them to sleep at night during a hot summer night (if you have those). I would also think it would be easier for you to feed them up there (would have to make a door of course).

Back
Top Bottom