Performance Poultry - Ontario, Canada

Northern.Ontario

Songster
Mar 16, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on ordering a variety of egg layers from Performance Poultry in Ontario, Canada (Prince Edward County).

Has anyone ever ordered from these people? Please tag anyone you may know. You most likely have to live in Canada to order from this hatchery.

I'm only looking for 10 pullets but I want a variety; Plymouth barred rock, new Hampshire red, buff orpington, light and speckled Sussex, golden and silver laced Wyandotte, and a couple amerucauna's.

Is it possible to order less than 5 of each of these breeds?

And can I get them started? (4-6 weeks old). I realize they will cost more as a started bird.

Thanks in advance for your input.

After my cousin moved to Canada she bought a dozen “pullets” from Performance Poultry. they said they would sex them and get girls but instead she ended up with 5 cockerels and 2 dead pullets. The pullets were dead and looked like they had been dead for a while. This might of been a mistake and happened once but that’s just my input

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning on ordering a variety of egg layers from Performance Poultry in Ontario, Canada (Prince Edward County).

Has anyone ever ordered from these people? Please tag anyone you may know. You most likely have to live in Canada to order from this hatchery.

I'm only looking for 10 pullets but I want a variety; Plymouth barred rock, new Hampshire red, buff orpington, light and speckled Sussex, golden and silver laced Wyandotte, and a couple amerucauna's.

And can I get them started? (4-6 weeks old). I realize they will cost more as a started bird.

Ive never ordered from them. Every business ive contacted about chickens refused to ship them more than 1 province over. Have you looked into backyard breeders? You might be able to find what youre looking for on kijiji.

Yes, I've heard mixed reviews; some really good reviews but a couple really bad ones. I'm looking for anyone who has done custom orders, buying <5 birds of different species and anyone who has bought started birds from them (if they do that). I know they don't deliver; you have to drive to them. I can't have roosters so I'm looking for 100% sexing accuracy. I found a 2015 price list that mentioned $0.15 per day for started birds. Anyone have the 2018 price list?

Hello Everyone,

I've ordered once, and will again in Spring. They only do chicks though. At least thats what I was told by them a few years back. Good stock though. You can sex your chicks easily in the first days by taking a look at their wing feathers. Google it.

I've ordered once, and will again in Spring. They only do chicks though. At least thats what I was told by them a few years back. Good stock though. You can sex your chicks easily in the first days by taking a look at their wing feathers. Google it.
Good to know you had a good outcome. I have ordered 5 Bielefelders, and 5 Dark Brahmas for mid April. Thankfully they are only a couple hr drive away.

Back
Top Bottom