pergo or hardwood ?

Concrete or tile would obviously be the longest wearing, most durable, I guess it depends on your budget. I have pergo in all rooms but baths and laundry, in case of flooding, and I have tile there. We went with Pergo vs tile because of budget. Living in the country with dogs and horses, indoor cats, and 2 small children, the carpet had to GO. If I had to do it over, I would still use the pergo, we put in red oak, and people have to ask if its hardwood or laminate. 6 years, many kid spills, etc etc and it still looks GREAT.

PS I wish there was a Home Improvement page on here!
wink.png

Quote:
Maybe hit REPORT, and make your request for a home improvement page? I think it's a great idea
smile.png

Stained concrete can be really durable, and can look REALLY nice. A friend had it done to most of their downstairs. Nice depth of colour, and it is not a purely solid colour, but more like venetian plaster or washed faux finish on walls. They also put in a really nice edging line around the room, making it almost look like inlaid tile.

We have hardwood floors, and they are beautiful, but for practical purposes, the pergo makes more sense. It's easy to clean, doesn't scratch easily, and you can have a cushioning layer installed underneath it to take care of any leveling problems. With kids and a dog, I kink of wish we had pergo instead.

I still like the idea of taping thick socks onto the dogs feet and letting them continually dust mop the floors. Regardless of what type of hard surface it is. Won't work on carpet
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom