cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Has anyone ever used this? I bought it by mistake online:he. Was supposed to be Permethrin 10. Can I use it in miniature amounts, or should I dispose of it???
Permethrin1.jpg Permethrin2.jpg

Permethrine 10 is 10% in solution.

My eyes are failing some but I think the label you have is reading 36% Permethrine solution. Adjust how much you mix with water accordingly. It's just 3.6 times stronger. Meaning use about 1/4 of what you normally do per gallon of water.

Last edited:
I think this is what is sold to treat a severe flea or roach infestation. Or brown recluses, something odious.
If the active ingredients only say permethrin, you will probably be ok, but in very diluted amounts, Approximately 1/4 of what it says on the label.
But I don't think it would be safe to use ON chickens, or while chickens are in the coop. The product description says can be used in homes. Says nothing about poultry houses.

I did some research and apparently it can be used in Dairies, barns, feedlots, stables, poultry houses, swine and livestock houses, animal hospitals, pens and kennels, outside meat processing premises. Since it does list poultry houses, I'm going to use it according to the directions, in the coops. I'll shut the birds out while it dries. I'm not going to use it on the birds. I'll keep using the permethrin dust on them. It comes to a third of an oz of permethrin to 1 gal water. I read it will also control fleas in yards as well as many other lawn pests and also for the control of mosquitoes. Every once in awhile a truck comes down our road spraying at night. I wonder if it is using a permethrin spray for the control of mosquitoes. We are on a dead end road, the truck goes to the end and turns around and comes back spraying the whole time. I get it on one of my game cameras.

Back
Top Bottom