permethrin

mattyj198

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
I adopted a new chick this year and it appears it has lice???/ I hear that permethrin is the answer. What is something I can buy off amazon?

Im going to the farm supply store tomorrow but I would also like to order a backup just in case they don't sell it.

Thanks!

I'm interested in the response you get just so I will know in future...is lice the same thing as mites? I have read about mites.. I use DE to just my coop and nesting boxes...that is suppose to kill mites. I also use it in my dog houses...I will be watching the responses... I am curious too...

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 10.00.15 AM.png

I use Permethrin. I initially used DE and several other products to kill mites which didn't work for me. I bathed the birds using flea shampoo which helped some. I started spraying the coops and misting the birds in the evening starting once a week when they went to roost with Permethrin which will kill a variety of mites and other pests. I sprayed the inside of the coop totally including the walls.You can get it at most feed stores. Tractor Supply carries it. I buy the large container and mix it with water in a large sprayer and I spray the inside of the coops, roosts and nest boxes. Now I will spray to prevent another infestation.
https://www.amazon.com/Martins-Perm...d=1527961917&sr=8-5&keywords=permethrins&th=1

Wow thanks guys! I have had chickens for YEARS with no problems. This is the first time. Its quite embarassing. I keep a clean coop. I assume its because I adopted new chickens this year. They must have come with them. This will be a fun adventure.

Back
Top Bottom