Permethrin

Sono

Songster
Jul 16, 2021
DeSoto Mo
I did some research on mites and other insects, found that Permethrin is the go to insectcide thats safe for all farm animals as well as human use ( it is also a medication ) but is harmful for bees since it targets all insects. I only plan to use it in and around the coop and my main dwelling as well as some outdoor clothing as it kills fleas and ticks as well. I wont be using it anywhere near the flowerbeds or gardens to keep the bees safe. As I was in the coop today redoing the water supply I noticed a bunch of german Roaches in the bedding I do not want them migrating to the house, I assume the hens I had kept them at bay in the coop but since theyve been gone awhile bugs are taking shelter for the cooler weather. I have a new electric fence charger on the way as I dont trust the solar charger so they will be swapped out soon.

Hey bud on another note I've had song r"ed solo cup" in my head since you're post about chick feeder! :eek: :gig. Ive never used permethrin but bought some to have on hand I use wood ash heavily to keep down parasites as we burn solely all winter.

Hey bud on another note I've had song r"ed solo cup" in my head since you're post about chick feeder! :eek: :gig. Ive never used permethrin but bought some to have on hand I use wood ash heavily to keep down parasites as we burn solely all winter.
havent heard of using wood ash, as we burn as well and have a large burn area for brush as well.... Ill have to look into that. We also have been getting ready to make Lye soap with wood ash , guess this could add to our list of ash useage.

Back
Top Bottom