Permits for Quails?

Quote:
When I first got into quail a few years back I had to get a permit. A $50 bobwhite permit, and a $10 game bird permit. It's all changed and now I can't even find it. Contact TWRA and see, they sent me to the dept. of agriculture and then I went back to them and never got a straight answer. I think they made it legal to have a few without a permit, but need a permit to sell. Don't take my word for it, I'm still confused...

Quote:
CAREFUL HERE... ALL WILD WATERFOWL FALL UNDER THE JURISDICTION AND RULES OF US FISH AND WILDLIFE WHICH IS A HORSE OF A WHOLE DIFFERENT COLOR. WHILE YOUR STATE MAY ALLOW IT THE FEDS MAY NOT. AND THEY DO TRACK WILD WATERFOWL RATHER CLOSELY AS ALL OF US LEGAL SELLER MUST ACCOUNT FOR EVERY EGG AND ITS LAST KNOWN WHEREABOUTS EACH YEAR... SO IF YOU PROCUR THEM LEGALLY THERE'S A PAPERTRAIL THAT LEADS RIGHT TO YOU
sad.png

THIS IS JUST 1 OF MANY REASONS I TELL EVERYONE TO CALL THEIR LOCAL FISH AND WILDLIFE DEPT AND ASK A LIVING BREATHING HUMAN ( I ALSO RECOMMEND GETTING NAME AND BADGE NUMBER AND RECORDING IT) ANY QUESTIONS--- THATS THE SAFEST WAY TO NOT GET INTO TROUBLE. SADLY FISH AND WILDLIFE OFFENSES USUALLY GET WORSE TREATMENT AND BETTER RESULTS THAN A MASS MURDERER OR DRUG LORD--- ITS NOT RIGHT, BUT THATS USUALLY THE RESULT IN OUR OFTEN UNEQUAL WORLD

Quote:
Yup, the Texas regulations have the comment about "does not supersede any federal regulation" or however they word it. Basically it means that if the feds say you can't have Whistling Ducks and you have one in Texas, those will not be included in the "wild duck" part of the law. I am using the whistling duck as an example here, mainly because a flock of the darn things have decided to call the stock pond in the pasture behind my house home and the goose pen across the street their favorite restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom