1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

((Please refer to my "Leg Injury- One Week old chick" post))
    Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there a way to slip the tendon back into place?? This chick is a little over a week old and his hock is pretty swollen. I don't know if I'm seeing things or what but it looks like his foot isn't getting enough blood.
    I just need a straight forward answer when I ask this- Am I better off putting him down [​IMG] or should I try to work the tendon back over?

2. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
  3. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    chinachicks can help with the nuts and bolts of it as she is dealing with it now...

4. CarriBrown

Thank you for the information. DH and I tried moving it back into place last night and I don't know how hard to work it. I don't want to hurt the poor thing. He peeps while we are doing it but I think it might be because he wants his Momma.
    When DH wakes up, I'll talk to him about taking Crash to the vet...

5. CarriBrown

Well, Crash has an appointment with the avian vet at 9:45. I can't slip the tendon back myself because his little hock is swollen. [​IMG] Wish us luck!! Hopefully Dr. Bart can fix his leg and we can change Crash's name to something else!!!

6. robgray

robgray Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2014
    California
    What ever happened to your chick with tendon problem? I'm sure I have a baby with the same problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by