Perplexing fatal injury

What sort of birds are they?

I agree, too, that it sounds like cannibalism. But if they are a cornish cross they also can grow too large for their skin and that might have gotten this ball rolling.

Birds will often pick on another bird, too, if they know it is ill. It is possible they saw she was not well and began picking on her at that time...

Quote:
Rats kills birds absolutely no doubt. Pet rats (gerbil sized) has killed parrots living in the same household with them. Those teeth can chew through metal so you can imagine a bird has little to no chance.

I would be concerned about the one that had blood on her face...she may be an attacker. If for some reason she pecked the other girl and drew blood...it was on then...they will peck one to death if there is an injury and they see red.

Yeah, I have had gerbils, too. And parrots. Please try to keep in mind that parrots can crack open a walnut with their beaks. What sort of parrot are you talking about? We have an African Gray and a Blue Fronted Amazon here. Sorry... no match for a mouse or a gerbil - and a rat? I still think Alexes beak could take care of any rat, any day.

I would not rule out a rat, but to me, like you said, I think cannibalism sounds much more likely.

Back
Top Bottom