Perry County, Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by ChandlersChickens, May 12, 2010.

1. ChandlersChickens

ChandlersChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    We are getting ready to move to Duncannon, PA. We just made an offer on a house so I called to see if I can have chickens and how many....just waiting for the zoning officer to call me back [​IMG] I tried to figure it out by reading the ordinances, but it's not too clear.

If anyone else is from Perry County any input would be appreciated! [​IMG]

2. ChandlersChickens

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    I just got a call back from the zoning officer. Chickens are permitted in the town of Duncannon as long as they don't cause an offensive odor or noise and they have to be fenced in. [​IMG]
    Now I just have to close on the new house, buy fencing, buy a shed to turn into a coop, buy an incubator, and buy hatching eggs....so much to do

3. ChicksNPigs

ChicksNPigs Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2010
    That's great news! My brother lives in Bradford county, so it was interesting to me to see the differences within the same state. As far as I can tell, there aren't any (enforced) zoning where he is- everyone seems to have chickens, goats, llamas, etc, and his chicks were always free ranging with a roo or two.

4. ChandlersChickens

Jun 8, 2008
    Delphos, OH
    Yeah, I am very relieved! The house is on the main street in town and is actually zoned commercial and residential. I'm glad it's not a very picky town [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by