Persistent vent gleet?

Kpelly91

Hatching
Apr 16, 2021
I am desperate at this point and I feel like I have tried everything. Back in March I found a 9 month hen with a dirty bum covered in creamy white discharge which seemed indicative of vent gleet. I have been treating her as such since. I tried small amounts of Nystatin, I have been giving her ACV water and cleaning the area frequently, and giving epsolm salt baths. I have also been trying various combos of cannesten, preparation H and hydrocortisone. She has gotten no better or worse and her behaviour has never changed. I'm starting to wonder if it is vent gleet. Her vent looks normal except that she constantly prolapsed. It's easy enough to gently massage in but it is constant. She has normal bowel movements, eats and drinks fine and lays everyday despite my best efforts to discourage. I'm not sure if I've done anything right but I want her to be ok. I just had to put a chicken down and have lost another one at Christmas to a similiar problem. I even bought a textbook to help me with their care. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what's going on because I feel like I keep loosing my flick to random illnesses and can't take care of them. Thank you.

I am desperate at this point and I feel like I have tried everything. Back in March I found a 9 month hen with a dirty bum covered in creamy white discharge which seemed indicative of vent gleet. I have been treating her as such since. I tried small amounts of Nystatin, I have been giving her ACV water and cleaning the area frequently, and giving epsolm salt baths. I have also been trying various combos of cannesten, preparation H and hydrocortisone. She has gotten no better or worse and her behaviour has never changed. I'm starting to wonder if it is vent gleet. Her vent looks normal except that she constantly prolapsed. It's easy enough to gently massage in but it is constant. She has normal bowel movements, eats and drinks fine and lays everyday despite my best efforts to discourage. I'm not sure if I've done anything right but I want her to be ok. I just had to put a chicken down and have lost another one at Christmas to a similiar problem. I even bought a textbook to help me with their care. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what's going on because I feel like I keep loosing my flick to random illnesses and can't take care of them. Thank you.
I have a white legion the same problem. I was wondering if u could use white vinegar instead of ACV

Back
Top Bottom