personalized leg bands

Thanks for your imput everyone. What I meant by personalized bands was leg bands that had the farm name and number on it. Do you think I could order the metal bands and have them engraved?

Good Morning, Picco and All -

I did a little google searching and located several companies that sell bird leg bands.

www.redbirdproducts.com/legbands.htm and
www.homeearthlink.net/~lmbird (L&M Bird Leg Bands) carry mostly small bands from finch size on up. I'm not sure if there are chicken sized bands here.

www.nationalband.com/nbtbird.htm definitely carries what you're looking for. Many sizes, many types. Cost looks to be about $7 on up per 100 leg bands depending upon what make and model you choose. This site looked excellent.

Hope this helps. Ann and Jill at JillsChicks

thanks Ann, appreciate the effort you took to look these up.
caf.gif

I don't know if you got all the info you needed, but I knew someone who raced pigeons once, and he had his local jeweler engrave leg bands for him. That way he could get all the info he wanted on there. I have no idea how much he paid, however...might be worth checking out.

Hi all,

I know this thread is several years old, but I came here with a similar question. I found a solution that I thought I'd share with you, especially for those looking for an ID band that will have info on it in case a chicken gets lost--

PigeonID.com makes bands for pet/racing pigeons and they come in bulk very cheaply. They come printed with a code and their URL so that someone finding the bird can log on and immediately call up your name and phone number. Only downside is they say 'pigeon' on them, but if it can give a little peace of mind to ID your bird, it makes a nice solution! They also sell a tool for $6 for easily opening/closing the bands.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom