pesfowl and guinnies

margaret8

Songster
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Edmond, Ok
My guinnies are 4 weeks old and already in a coop outside. The peafowl are 3 weeks old and still in the brooder. When can I add the peachicks to the guinnies outside?

I'm no expert with either birds yet as I just got my first few a couple months ago but I own both guinea hens and peachicks as well. We put ours all out in their coop at four weeks when we got them as the person we got them from said that's about the age she let hers out at.

I'm not sure that age matters but rather when they're fully feathered.

Also, I thought I should mention, my peachicks did receive a few pecks on the beaks from my guineas when they were about that age. They were two weeks younger than the guineas too but in case you have similar problems, it shouldnt be something you should worry about because the peachicks quickly outgrow the guineas and are left alone after that.

Hopefully, someone with more expiernce comments as well before you decide to put them in their coop in case you are supposed to wait a bit longer.

Good luck! :D

I have always raised all my babies together in a outdoor brooder without any problems.
put them in a sectioned off area in your brooder for a couple days then on the 3rd day early in the morning put them together.

I'm no expert with either birds yet as I just got my first few a couple months ago but I own both guinea hens and peachicks as well. We put ours all out in their coop at four weeks when we got them as the person we got them from said that's about the age she let hers out at.

Also, I thought I should mention, my peachicks did receive a few pecks on the beaks from my guineas when they were about that age. They were two weeks younger than the guineas too but in case you have similar problems, it shouldnt be something you should worry about because the peachicks quickly outgrow the guineas and are left alone after that.

Hopefully, someone with more expiernce comments as well before you decide to put them in their coop in case you are supposed to wait a bit longer.

My Guinnies and peafowl have been together about 3 weeks. They are doing fine. Last night I moved then to a 10 x8 metal building. They are huddled together in 1 corner. Guess they don't know what to do with the extra space!

Back
Top Bottom