Pesky Poultry Lice!

One or our Faculty here bough some last year. I was hoping to get part of it from her...Oh well! I have used the generic from Amazon--captain jacks but I could not get a member to try it--said they did not trust a garden pest product and the inactive ingredients were not easy to find.

It did a great job as coop spray and spraying the hens. I did not use it as a systemic though
The problem with Captin Jack's is it's very diluted, 0.5% I think, so to use it the same way people use Elector, the dilution should be 757 ml of Captain Jack's and 3028 ml water. Undiluted I bet it works just fine though, lol. ;)

The problem with Captin Jack's is it's very diluted, 0.5% I think, so to use it the same way people use Elector, the dilution should be 757 ml of Captain Jack's and 3028 ml water. Undiluted I bet it works just fine though, lol. ;)
Yes!

It is not as concentrated but works at the correct dilution

Where do they get these lice? A few weeks ago mine didn't have it and now they do. A couple of feral guineas showed up on our property and I started letting them sleep in the coup with our guineas and that's when I saw the lice so I'm blaming them. although I didn't see any lice on the guineas (plus they don't even have feathers on their head). Also my chickens don't have any.

Back
Top Bottom