Pet Indoor Toulouse Goose!? Want to buy local!

Tiffjo

Hatching
Feb 23, 2017
Hey there! I am a new member that just registered!! I've always looked at the threads on this website but I never really thought to register until now (been doin so for a couple years). And for about 5 years or so I've brewed over wanting a pet indoor goose or duck (diapered). I am sure there are plenty here on this site that would gasp in horror at the thought. But I've made up my mind already. I was going to get a dog, But there are nothing but pit bulls in the shelters and, you know their reputation. So I am going to politely ask up front: Is there anyone in the Mesa area of Arizona that is willing to give up a Toulouse chick? Just as a side note, a pet like this is something I've wanted for much longer than 5 years. A pet that has loyalty to the end to one person. More than a dog even. And it turns out a goose is probably the best bet. My point is, this isn't just a willy nilly decision. I've thought about this for a long time and now I finally have the chance! Sorry for the long paragraph but I really would appreciate it if anyone could put me in the right direction with that. I've looked everywhere on the threads and couldn't seem to find a similar one, so I decided to make this new thread! Thank you so much (in advance)!!

- Tiffany Johnson :)

G’Day from down under Tiffany
frow.gif
Welcome!

You might want to check out the Geese Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/47/geese

BYC has a Buy, Sell & Trade Forum but I believe you have to have at least 20 posts before participating: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

You aren't the only one: for chickens there is "people with house chickens." for ducks - "show us your house ducks." and there have been folks with house geese but, they usually mention them on the duck threads. With diapers you will still find yourself very busy, and the diapers(when you can get them) are NOT cheap.

Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
CT

Greetings from Kansas, Tiffany, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Teila and others have given you some great links and advice so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!
celebrate.gif

Thank you all so much! Wow! So used to people being evil on the internet, I was expecting at least one troll lol. Thank you for the links! I'll look them up! It's very much appreciated :). Hope you guys are all having a splendid day! I hopefully will be active on these forums a bunch in a bit. I would like to be more involved since I've followed this website for so long already :).

- Tiffany Johnson

Back
Top Bottom