First time incubating goose eggs. A humidity question Toulouse/Buff American eggs

Saw Gus and Gizzy mating yesterday and today Gizzy was making another nest but still no more eggs. Counting down the days till the first candling.

Today during morning feeding Gizzy came up and gave me a nibble on my shirt which is very unusual.

During dinner she came over and started eating next to me so I started petting her and I guess Gus got jealous cause he came over and leaned over I thought he would nibble on my sleeve like usual but nope. Big bite to my finger. Started bruising within ten minutes. So he got a hug and was not happy about it lol.

Hes to fat to pick up. And I feel bad whenever I try to cause he always sounds breathless I was worried maybe the way I hold him is wrong so I've been kneeling down and wrapping me arms around him and petting the back of his neck. He fights for a bit but usually just ends up going still with his head downward nuzzled into my arm. I usually do it when he's hissing up a storm but there was no warning hiss this time.

I want to believe I'm doing a decent job of being between like and hate for him since he doesn't charge me like he does with my mom and doesn't run away like he does with my dad and my brother lol Since late fall I've gotten a few clothing nibbles from him but only on his good days lol. Which are rare and far between.

Gonna attempt candling tonight. I'm to impatient to wait one more day lol. Anyways good weather today so the birds got to free range. It's strange how docile our goose is being. I thought both males and females became nightmares during breeding season but shes really chilled out since she started laying. I got to pet her for a good few minutes. Gus stood there watching me but he didn't come over otherwise he would have gotten another hug lol

Oh and today I found a goose egg. Did I somehow just keep missing it or could she have laid last night.. I dunno lol. Definately not gonna use the igloo next year. To difficult to retrieve the eggs from inside. It would be good for when she incubates them herself but as were taking them all this year not so much.

I miss goose eggs all the time, they get buried or kicked to the side and then I’ll find them later on, it’s not too late in the season I’d bet you can incubate it or give it back to her.

I miss goose eggs all the time, they get buried or kicked to the side and then I’ll find them later on, it’s not too late in the season I’d bet you can incubate it or give it back to her.
Were already 6 days into incubating 8. It could be the egg from Wednesday. If she lays another well have to see if my sister in law wants to incubate them or we'll let Gizzy the goose have them.. I could have swore though I dug through the straw in there and only found chicken eggs lol.

Sister in law got goslings I guess so Gizzy got the egg back after I found another that was hiding inside the coop. Worst case they go to waste. Best case either Gizzy or a chicken starts going broody.

Candled the eggs again. #7 is doing fantastic with development. Can see the actual forming of a baby starting

#3 and #8 are looking suspicious. Can't tell if its veining or if its blood rings. It's very faint. The others cant see anything so far. Gonna do the two again tomorrow see if theres any change. Litterally all I can see is 1 partial red line in both of them.

I don't know when I'll pull eggs. Theres one egg that I'm tempted to toss because compared to the others the yolk or whatever looks smaller. Its egg #1 I think.

Anyone know how many days till you risk an egg explosion? Lol I heard some people give 14 days before pulling the undeveloped eggs. But I really really really don't want to have an egg explode lol

Gizzy laid another egg. And our chicken Rosemary has decided to sit on them? Lol broken chicken. But hey if she goes broody thats fine with me XD It was a struggle to get her to stand up to see if there was a third egg under her. I'll probably go out later with a pencil and mark them since now I know Gizzy is still laying.

She ended up getting up off them after laying an egg lol

Anyways tossed 2 eggs today #1 and #2 their dark spots just werent like the others were. Still gonna give the others a few days to see but #8 i can see the red line better than yesterday. #7 still leading in development

Back
Top Bottom