SunshineSilkies

Songster
11 Years
Jan 10, 2009
Florida
Gold Key Farm & Western Store, Inc.
Saturday, September 11th, 2010
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
2226 North Temple Avenue (off 301 North)
Starke, FL 32091
Registration Information: Call 904-964-7871
[/b]

20935_tony.jpg

For those of you that go to the Bent Creek Feed swap, this is being hosted by Tony (He is the one that is always there with pedigree Florida White and Dutch rabbits) There will be alot of 4H and FFA kids looking for good quality birds for fair season. This will be a good chance for you to bring some of your poultry, fowl or rabbits. We haven't had a swap/sale around the Starke area, so I'm hoping it will be a little cooler by then so we can have a good turnout!! Good chance for we BYCer's to help out the youth interested in our hobby!!!!

Who's comin??
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I have some 4H families calling me wanting to know what kind of birds are going to be there. They are setting up some food tables also. We BYCer's should be able to help them out with some birds!!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm not going to be able to make this swap. I'll probably be leaving Maine on that day and I'm driving back to Fla. Have a very good friend whose daughter passed away unexpectedly so I'm spending a few extra days here.

i am going to try to come. i will have some cages made of different sizes, can't bring a lot, but will have some.

bird wise,
i will have some mutt chicks that hatched out of brown eggs asking 2.50 each.
Olive egger chicks asking $3.00 each for.
Wade Jean C1 Roo, about a year old. nicely feather footed. Asking $25.
3 dark brama bantam hens, laying age. not sure if SQ, but asking 10 each .
i have a serama OEGB roo, with 2 pure serama hens, and a pure OEGB hen asking $35 for all. All hens are laying.

If I have interest in it, I can bring the truck up, and sell coops and hutches.
We have a new (just made) Rabbit hutch, removable floor in the house part. 2' wide, x 4' long. stands about 4 feet high. house part is 1 foot deep. hardware cloth, door to house and other end (2 doors) sloped roof, exterior painted. Asking $150. can take pic if interested.

Also building a Coop. about 8 feet long and 32 inces deep, and 24 inches high. top opens up for easy catching. door to house part locks down at night for safety. house part is 32 inches deep x 32 inches wide. house has sloped roof. tractor style. still being constructed, but can take a picture when it is done. will be made out of outside wood, and roof will have shingles, and walls are T1-11. due to material cost, it is 175. I am making one for myself also, and am either putting in it 3-4 silkies, a trio of GLw's, or using it for a grow out pen. figure about 10 chicks should be able to grow out in it nicely.

see below for pics of built hutch, and coop in progress.

let me know if you'd like a coop/hutch made to specifications, and with a $50 deposit and a weeks notice, i can have it made in time to get it there.

DESPERATELY seeking SQ silkies. chicks or young hens. Let me know if you'll have any. have 15 babies here of different colors that i got from bobbi porto, and 2 laying age hens and 1 laying age roo. looking for mates for them, or more chicks to compliment bobbies..... vicky... if you are going, i'd be interested in buying some of yours if you have any. plz let me know.

Last edited:
Dear Fluffy Butt Farms,

Even if we had told you they were addictive, you would have done it anyway.....that's the sneaky part of this 'disease'. I think the problem is, we're completely infected before we even buy the first one and then there's no stopping it!!!!!!!! Don't worry, it's not fatal (I hope) and you won't even CARE that you've lost your mind.

I would be very interested in seeing pictures of the hutch and the coop you're building. Please post as soon as it's made (I don't care if it's painted yet, I could always do that myself). Do you use hardware cloth or chicken wire? I need hardware cloth here due to the raccoons. I don't know if I can come to the swap on the 11th, I have a previous commitment. Where are you located? I might be able to come to you. I'm in Jacksonville.

Sandi

A goose in the bathroom??????? I'm afraid to ask why.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom