Pet Peeves

Pics
I was taught not to start eating until the hostess does. Some families actually bless the food once it is all on the table and the hostess sits down. How embarrassing to be halfway through your meal and then that happens.
We pray before every meal. We don't even pass the food around until we say the prayer. Many families don't even eat together, let alone at a table. I understand being busy but my parents raised 6 girls and we ate together, at the dining room table, every night. I'm instilling those same values to my son. Oh, and no electronic devices at the table

Which direction am I supposed to stroke aussie fur that sticks straight up:hmm
Don't worry, they'll turn constantly and make it awkward no matter which why you try. Just before they try to climb in your lap or flop over on your feet.

Or is that just MY idiots...

My son's Late Great 1st best friend.
Rip KADE
01010_fWkDCfvdPtn_600x450.jpg
00T0T_iYCDdvnLbaS_600x450.jpg

I get annoyed when people start eating before the host is sitting down. Plus those family members who got used to being served as children. You are an adult now. Offer to help.
Unless they ask first. But this annoys me too. Or when people just leave after they finished eating, instead of waiting for the rest to finish

We pray before every meal. We don't even pass the food around until we say the prayer. Many families don't even eat together, let alone at a table. I understand being busy but my parents raised 6 girls and we ate together, at the dining room table, every night. I'm instilling those same values to my son. Oh, and no electronic devices at the table
We bless ours, too. I was a guest at a relative's home once with some other relatives and that happened, what I described above. As the food was being placed on the table, one person started serving herself and had begun eating before the hostess sat, and then the family all took hands and asked a blessing. I felt so sorry for this person who had to gulp down what was in her mouth in order to say "Amen."

Back
Top Bottom