Pet Peeves

Pics

Isadora

Toadally awesome 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Mar 29, 2021
Indiana
A pet peeve is "something a particular person finds especially annoying".

Do you have a pet peeve? Or perhaps more than one?
Ones I'm most interested in hearing are the ones that wouldn't necessarily annoy a lot of people but is something that drives you nuts.
Share what it is and the reason (if you have one) behind it.

When someone walks across the garden and doesn't stay on the path. This is mostly because they stomp all over the plants, and who likes that? I hate it when people pretend to know a lot, but actually know very little. And I dislike it when people say "no offense" and proceed to offend someone. Its a phrase a lot of my classmates used to say to me and others and I just don't like it. Another one is when people automatically assume something about me without even knowing me or when people get off topic in conversations.

Last edited:
A pet peeve is "something a particular person finds especially annoying".

Do you have a pet peeve? Or perhaps more than one?
Ones I'm most interested in hearing are the ones that wouldn't necessarily annoy a lot of people but is something that drives you nuts.
Share what it is and the reason (if you have one) behind it.
When I am drawing and the paper creases! Or when the pencil sharpener is full....

Or when someone borrows my book and bends it too far. Or when people don't wash their hands after a meal and touch my stuff! Or when my siblings visit my room and leave stuff there. I have a lot. :lau

A kitchen peeve (Granny inspired me): no one in my family understands the concept of "stacking" dirty dishes. If three people eat cereal I will find three identical dirty bowls, each with spoons in them, sitting side by side on the counter. Many times I have demonstrated the art of removing the spoons, putting the bowls together in a single stack, and thus eliminating clutter and freeing up counter space. Yet nine years of this has not resulted in a single instance of any of them learning to do it. If plates are involved and the counter is full, they will pile dirty dishes in the sink willy-nilly in no sort of order other than archaeological, that is to say, which was used first is at the bottom. It causes a wild tide of murderous rage to rise up in my breast, I tell you.

Back
Top Bottom