Pet Peeves

A kitchen peeve (Granny inspired me): no one in my family understands the concept of "stacking" dirty dishes. If three people eat cereal I will find three identical dirty bowls, each with spoons in them, sitting side by side on the counter. Many times I have demonstrated the art of removing the spoons, putting the bowls together in a single stack, and thus eliminating clutter and freeing up counter space. Yet nine years of this has not resulted in a single instance of any of them learning to do it. If plates are involved and the counter is full, they will pile dirty dishes in the sink willy-nilly in no sort of order other than archaeological, that is to say, which was used first is at the bottom. It causes a wild tide of murderous rage to rise up in my breast, I tell you.

A kitchen peeve (Granny inspired me): no one in my family understands the concept of "stacking" dirty dishes. If three people eat cereal I will find three identical dirty bowls, each with spoons in them, sitting side by side on the counter. Many times I have demonstrated the art of removing the spoons, putting the bowls together in a single stack, and thus eliminating clutter and freeing up counter space. Yet nine years of this has not resulted in a single instance of any of them learning to do it. If plates are involved and the counter is full, they will pile dirty dishes in the sink willy-nilly in no sort of order other than archaeological, that is to say, which was used first is at the bottom. It causes a wild tide of murderous rage to rise up in my breast, I tell you.
I've only been at this for 5...
you're telling me there's really no hope?! 😩

Why not in the sink? And in my family if the bowls are identical (highly unlikely but you get the idea) just wash a set and be done 🤣

Back
Top Bottom