Pet Peeves

Being stung 🤣😭
bears-when-someone-yells-bee-but-you-dont-know-where-it-is.gif

Thanks for the post 😁 my grandpa has mentioned this song several times but I've never actually heard the song. My grandpa makes wine.. he is not shabby at it at all..though stay away from that stuff that fermented twice..it's straight liquor🤣
There was always a bottle of red wine (that someone made), sitting on my Grandma's table. Also a big hunk of hard cheese hanging, sort of wrapped in a rope or twine. I recall many times, a snack was some of that potent, hard cheese, fresh baked bread, a little bowl of olive oil with herbs & garlic for dunking, fresh figs or tomatoes & cucumber with parsley, basil & oregano, all fresh from her garden, with a bit of that wine. 😋 I was allowed a little sip of wine but usually drank fresh lemonade or sun tea with fresh mint & Hibiscus...it was the Best Tea I ever had.

It's really funny what is considered a snack nowadays...Twinkies or something similar with enough processed sugar & chemicals, that the shelf life is probably 50 yrs. 🤮 & beverages that clean corrosion off of battery terminals...ugh, no thanks!

Last edited:
Right? Whenever I see those home cleaning tips with all the things you can clean with various beverages it's kind of scary...
I saw a dude pour regular soda from a bottle onto battery terminals under hood of car...saw that stuff bubble til totally clean! I never drank soda again. 😆

I saw a dude pour regular soda from a bottle onto battery terminals under hood of car...saw that stuff bubble til totally clean! I never drank soda again. 😆
The acid in your stomach is far stronger than the carbonic acid in soda. You have nothing to worry about from it.

Angry Hornets Nest on the jobsite...oh, what joy.

Angry hornets/wasps decide to get close & personal...loud buzzing & fleeting glances of fast flying, stinging insects are NOT what you want at the beginning of the work day, especially when you're already at the top of the ladder painting. Gee, thanks for the heads up Mr. Homeowner.

Ever come down off of a ladder with such speed & grace that it didn't seem like your feet touched a single rung? 😆

I never dropped the paintbrush, nor did I spill a single drop of paint either! Darn, I'm good!

Well...the Angry Hornets were Not impressed with my performance & they let me know it.

Hey, guess what...this job isn't going to be finished when I said it would be. Sorry, I know they have their beneficial purpose, but that hornet nest has got to go, before I come back!

I now pronounce 2022 as Year of the Insect, or at least the Year of Benedryl & Cortisone...as the biting & stinging insects are really kicking my butt!
Horse-fly bit my armpit, sand fleas bit my ankles, fire ants stung wherever they could find bare skin, mosquitoes bit my neck, ticks bit along elastic of underwear & bra strap, & who knows what bug bit my back & butt cheek.

Can you imagine if the insects of the world got organized & decided to get rid of us? I think we'd be extinct within 24 hrs. 😲

Ever see a hornet's face up close? Mine really did look ticked off! I was just trying to find a good pic on the web, but most didn't resemble the ones that I saw, they were pics of sweet little bees on pretty flowers. I couldn't figure it out...the ones I saw Really Had Angry Expressions, like eyebrows, almost resembling Spock! Did I just imagine it? Then I just found an article that supports it!!! Wow, they do have angry expressions! 😠

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...y-wasp-Scientists-recommend-looking-face.html

View attachment 3168993
We having a big problem with wasps this year. It's like they're everywhere and like the size of cardinals. One got my wife good last weekend in the hand. Had her whole arm swollen. I've been stung a couple times from them in the ground when I'm cutting grass

IMG_20220628_172439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom