Pet Peeves

Pics
Lol. I strap my purse in with the safety straps you're supposed to use to keep your toddler safe. And I mean I wrap it several times around the bars and my purse strap. Anyone grabbing my purse is going to find the cart chasing him or her down the aisle while I yell THIEF! at the top of my lungs. Meanwhile, my wallet with credit card and checkbook are safe in my pocket. I didn't get this old by being stupid or oblivious. And while we're in Walmart, a word to the wise to parents of two- to three-year olds. Make those babies sit DOWN in the carts. Their heads are heavy and they can easily fall out. Gives me the willies to see them standing up. Especially when you turn your back to read labels. ❤️ They are far more vulnerable and precious than my empty purse.

Lol. I strap my purse in with the safety straps you're supposed to use to keep your toddler safe. And I mean I wrap it several times around the bars and my purse strap. Anyone grabbing my purse is going to find the cart chasing him or her down the aisle while I yell THIEF! at the top of my lungs. Meanwhile, my wallet with credit card and checkbook are safe in my pocket. I didn't get this old by being stupid or oblivious. And while we're in Walmart, a word to the wise to parents of two- to three-year olds. Make those babies sit DOWN in the carts. Their heads are heavy and they can easily fall out. Gives me the willies to see them standing up. Especially when you turn your back to read labels. ❤️ They are far more vulnerable and precious than my empty purse.
I will never forget the time I was working at Petsmart, years and years ago. There was a lady in my checkout line who had a little one in her cart. Standing up. I said to her, " Please have your little girl sit down. I'd hate to see her fall out and hurt herself." She got so mad at me, told me I was being nosy and asked to speak to the manager. No sooner did she say that then her daughter fell out of the cart and landed smack on her head. I just looked at her while her daughter was screaming her lungs out. Don't have to be a mom to have common sense

I will never forget the time I was working at Petsmart, years and years ago. There was a lady in my checkout line who had a little one in her cart. Standing up. I said to her, " Please have your little girl sit down. I'd hate to see her fall out and hurt herself." She got so mad at me, told me I was being nosy and asked to speak to the manager. No sooner did she say that then her daughter fell out of the cart and landed smack on her head. I just looked at her while her daughter was screaming her lungs out. Don't have to be a mom to have common sense
That's horrifying. Sad that had to happen to her daughter while she was too busy being a Karen.

Instant karma. Too bad the kid took the brunt of it.

I saw it not too long ago and (being the busybody I sometimes am) approached the mom and as politely and humbly as I could, begged her to have her child sit and explained my concern. She took it graciously, thanked me, and had her child sit down. I will always be glad I spoke up. It doesn't always go so well.

Please don't call people Karens. It's no different than using the n word, for white people.

I saw it not too long ago and (being the busybody I sometimes am) approached the mom and as politely and humbly as I could, begged her to have her child sit and explained my concern. She took it graciously, thanked me, and had her child sit down. I will always be glad I spoke up. It doesn't always go so well.

Please don't call people Karens. It's no different than using the n word, for white people.
Sorry Trip, that comment about Karens was not aimed at you, just at anyone who uses it.

Back
Top Bottom