Pet Peeves

To solve the 40 phone calls from DH at the store, I legit will screen shot a picture of every item so he can match it to what he should be getting. I do the majority of the shopping, but he does go on those emergency oops we need 6 things. Occasionally he will still call with a question. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ He is much better at matching than reading carefully.
Off topic, but related to this reply... In lieu of making a list before heading to the grocery store, I take photos of my pantry shelves, refrigerator, and freezer. Then I don't have to remember "did we need 1 or 2 cans of tomato paste?" etc.

Off topic, but related to this reply... In lieu of making a list before heading to the grocery store, I take photos of my pantry shelves, refrigerator, and freezer. Then I don't have to remember "did we need 1 or 2 cans of tomato paste?" etc.
My ADHD brain Can't manage with just this. I have to inventory the pantry/fridge/freezer cross check with the menu, and add the things we need to a shopping list (notepad app on phone usually) before we hit the grocery store or not only do I miss things, but I add random stuff we don't need. We have 9 bottles of ranch, for example...

Do tell me what your opinion on the name Mary Sue being used in writing to refer to overly perfect, goody-goody characters who tend to be irritating to the reader is; I'm genuinely curious.
No opinion, sorry. Never heard of this.

Pet Peeve:
Someone constantly clearing their throat while on the phone.

Just get a drink of water already.
Sniffing is arguably worse in my opinion. Especially when they do one of those huge gurgling snorts like Daddy Pig thats supposedly meant to clear both the nose and throat. 5 mins later...the sniffing begins again. Blow your nose!

My ADHD brain Can't manage with just this. I have to inventory the pantry/fridge/freezer cross check with the menu, and add the things we need to a shopping list (notepad app on phone usually) before we hit the grocery store or not only do I miss things, but I add random stuff we don't need. We have 9 bottles of ranch, for example...
I used to get a kick out of my stepmom doing this. After initial inventory/meal planning, she'd rewrite the whole thing ordered by isle.
Grocery store renovations WRECKED HER WORLD.

I used to get a kick out of my stepmom doing this. After initial inventory/meal planning, she'd rewrite the whole thing ordered by isle.
Grocery store renovations WRECKED HER WORLD.
Or going to the same store but in a different town.
My mother has been to two Walmarts enough times that she sometimes gets mixed up and has to take a minute to remember which store she's in.

Back
Top Bottom