Pet Peeves

My son's Late Great 1st best friend.
Rip KADE
View attachment 2965673View attachment 2965674

This was my best girl, Trudi. Untreatable lymphoma at only 10 years old. She loved chasing squirrels. She caught more than a few until I put a goat bell on her collar.

Trudi.jpg
Trudi-tree.jpg

This. But I do have something related to being tall. It is somewhat of a peeve, not a pet though, when people build doors just a touch lower than standard. Until I shrunk a bit with age, I was 6'8" tall. When people make doors shorter, I would bump the top of my head. It was especially problematic on stairways! :)
Imagine being only 4'6 and bumping your head on a doorknob🙃

Not really a pet peeve, but something that makes me very anxious (Although a lot of things make me anxious...)

Going to the dentist to get some super sealants, which already stresses me out (the dentist in general)

While they're prepping for it, scraping the tooth, etc. they scrape through and find a 'spongy material' aka a cavity. :sick

Me: Uh oh
Dentist: "Ok, we'll just go ahead and fill it, does that sound ok?"
Me (silently) Deeeeeepppppp breaths. Deeeeeepppppp breaths.
Me: "Uh huh"
Dentist: "Ok, does that topical anesthetic seem to be working?" *poke*
Dentist: Ok, you might feel a little pinch...
Me: *starts sweating* *Sees humongous syringe coming towards face*

*Silence*

Me: *Feels the syringe sliding into cheek.*
Me: *Starts to panic*
Dentist: "Does that feel ok?"
Me: "Uh huh" *While shaking and sweating profusely*

AKA, the dentist, especially with the needles and all, freaks me out. I know it shouldn't, but...

I'm glad it's all taken care of now, but still kind of nervous even though it's done. Plus I have a very numb cheek. (I absolutely hate that sensation)

Not really a pet peeve, but something that makes me very anxious (Although a lot of things make me anxious...)

Going to the dentist to get some super sealants, which already stresses me out (the dentist in general)

While they're prepping for it, scraping the tooth, etc. they scrape through and find a 'spongy material' aka a cavity. :sick

Me: Uh oh
Dentist: "Ok, we'll just go ahead and fill it, does that sound ok?"
Me (silently) Deeeeeepppppp breaths. Deeeeeepppppp breaths.
Dentist: "Ok, does that topical anesthetic seem to be working?" *poke*
Dentist: Ok, you might feel a little pinch...
Me: *starts sweating* *Sees humongous syringe coming towards face*

*Silence*

Me: *Feels the syringe sliding into cheek.*
Me: *Starts to panic*
Dentist: "Does that feel ok?"
Me: "Uh huh" *While shaking and sweating profusely*

AKA, the dentist, especially with the needles and all, freaks me out. I know it shouldn't, but...

I'm glad it's all taken care of now, but still kind of nervous even though it's done. Plus I have a very numb cheek. (I absolutely hate that sensation)
Relatable.
My dentist was doing a root canal on me when SpaceX started doing a test run of their rockets, his equipment was shaking and he started talking about how he needed to "ruin a root canal"so that he could sue SpaceX and be the first endodontist in space. 😵😵😵
I just about died on that table😭

Although my real medical pet peeve is this. Actually there's a few.

A.
Starburst, my twin sister, rarely, if ever, brushes.
However, I brush 2x a day and floss 1x, but I always seem to have cavities! :barnie

B.
When they don't explain things. Like today: Them: "Ok, we're going to have to switch and do *random jumble of numbers and letters* instead of *random jumble of numbers and letters*. Me: Ok. *Secretly has no idea what they said*

C.
When you have someone else with you, you walk in, take a seat, and the doctor is all chatty and stuff, but then they look at your medical record and see mental health problems (adhd, autism, social anxiety, depression, etc...) and immediately switch over to talking with the other person who is with you, pretending that you don't even exist. Honestly, just because someone isn't 'neurotypical' doesn't mean they can't answer any questions/be acknowledged!

D. When the new hygienist at the orthodontics won't greet you. You ask them why the gap between your two front teeth opened again after just closing it.
Me: "Why did it open again?"
Hygienist: *looks*
Hygienist: "Oh, that's what's supposed to happen. You see, the Dr. takes notes, checks everything, and that's all how it's supposed to be. Sometimes it has to switch around a bit to get right, but I doubt you're smart enough to understand.
Me: *Thinking in head 'I've had orthodontics for more years than you probably have practice*
Hygienist: "I think it'll be fine, why not you go ahead and go?"
Me: "Could the Dr at least check?"
Hygienist: *rolls eyes* "I guess. Doctor (name)?"
Doctor: *Comes over to look* "Oh, that's not how it's supposed to be!"
Hygienist: "That's what I was just telling them!"
Me: *sighs*
Doctor: *Speaks to hygienist* "See, you put too many twists on this wire, causing it to open up" *Shows how hygienist how to do it*

I get that it's a bit ramble-y, and I really am SO appreciative of all the medical workers. These are just some things that bother me.

Back
Top Bottom