Pet Peeves

Fully understand. I had a job where checks were mailed from out of state before direct deposit became a thing. They were late often. The struggle was compounded by being low wage work (pizza place) to begin with.
Yep. I'm complaining because this has happened more than 4xs at my work. Granted I'm the only employee but still...

Not getting paid on time.

Like many hard working people, live off paycheck to paycheck. People rely on the money coming in. If what is owing to you late or not full payment it can make people struggle even more.
That. And the people who pay you make excuses on why they can't pay you, like they can't afford it but it's clear as crystal they can, you're just not high priority. The joys of self employed.

People not repeating dietary requests.

So I eat kosher & organic. You wouldn't believe the flack I get because I eat a certain way or even tricked (unknowingly until after the fact) to eating something I refrain from. Don't tell me it's kosher or organic when it's clearly not. Or if you cook for me don't hide certain ingredients you put in it from me.

It's like me giving someone peanuts when they have an allergy. Or giving a vegetarian meat to eat.
Partially guilty. When the children were little, I would tell them that the lamb or venison was steak. ;)

That. And the people who pay you make excuses on why they can't pay you, like they can't afford it but it's clear as crystal they can, you're just not high priority. The joys of self employed.
I was self employed for a looooonnnnggg time but the work I did was very labor intensive so I switched to something less physical. It just sucks lately I'm having to remind my boss to pay me.

People not repeating dietary requests.

So I eat kosher & organic. You wouldn't believe the flack I get because I eat a certain way or even tricked (unknowingly until after the fact) to eating something I refrain from. Don't tell me it's kosher or organic when it's clearly not. Or if you cook for me don't hide certain ingredients you put in it from me.

It's like me giving someone peanuts when they have an allergy. Or giving a vegetarian meat to eat.
I always try my best to make food to fit with dietary requests.
However. A pet peeve of mine is asking if anyone has any dietary needs, getting "oh, we can eat anything", making meals and then, THEN getting "I can't eat eggs or black pepper, Tommy hates cheese and any pasta and Susie has a horrible allergy to anything prepared within 10 feet of ice cubes. Well, that pretty much rules out 'anything', now doesn't it?:mad:

Back
Top Bottom