Pet Peeves

Hear hear!

My range is contralto. (Think Karen Carpenter.) It pissed me off that the sopranos and tenors got the best lines.

If I could write an opera, the hero would be a bass or baritone. The heroine would be a contralto. They would have lots of servants who were sopranos and tenors.
How lovely! I'd like an opera like that. I *think* I'm mezzo-soprano (always sing alto) but I can sing the contralto part if there is one, which, in 15 ish years of choir, has only been 3 times. :hmm I can also sing men's tenor if the tenor is sick....certainly awkward

How lovely! I'd like an opera like that. I *think* I'm mezzo-soprano (always sing alto) but I can sing the contralto part if there is one, which, in 15 ish years of choir, has only been 3 times.
"mezzo soprano is our family name, but we all sing in baritone that makes us all the same"

Hear hear!

My range is contralto. (Think Karen Carpenter.) It pissed me off that the sopranos and tenors got the best lines.

If I could write an opera, the hero would be a bass or baritone. The heroine would be a contralto. They would have lots of servants who were sopranos and tenors.
And the orchestral portion should feature lots of good viola parts :love

How lovely! I'd like an opera like that. I *think* I'm mezzo-soprano (always sing alto) but I can sing the contralto part if there is one, which, in 15 ish years of choir, has only been 3 times. :hmm I can also sing men's tenor if the tenor is sick....certainly awkward
I'm an alto too and I've sung for tenors too. Is contralto deeper than alto?

You probably are an alto (which is a voice type, yes) rather than a mezzo, if you can comfortably sing contralto and tenor. True mezzo is closer to soprano in range but with a warm tone as opposed to the bright tone of a soprano.

Back
Top Bottom