PET Quality Ayam Cemani Chicks

crystalchik

Songster
12 Years
Jan 15, 2008
Central Florida
These are PET quality Ayam Cemani 0-1.5 week old chicks. $10 each. Most are solid black right now.
(These Cemanis are PET quality and NOT intended for Cemani breeding/showing programs.)

Shipping not available at this age, but I do have older birds.
20180517_180357-1.jpg
20180510_234659-1.jpg
IMG_4173.JPG

IMG_4222.JPG

IMG_4158-1.jpg

These are PET quality Ayam Cemani 0-1.5 week old chicks. $10 each. Most are solid black right now.
(These Cemanis are PET quality and NOT intended for Cemani breeding/showing programs.)

Shipping not available at this age, but I do have older birds.
View attachment 1412664 View attachment 1412666 View attachment 1412667

View attachment 1412665
View attachment 1412668
Hello I would like to ask what makes these babies pet quality and other show quality for breeding. Where would i be able to learn about what a show breeding quality chick should look like etc... interested in this breed and would like to start off with good quality stock.

Hello I would like to ask what makes these babies pet quality and other show quality for breeding. Where would i be able to learn about what a show breeding quality chick should look like etc... interested in this breed and would like to start off with good quality stock.
Also I do note the older chicks have white on wings etc... but how would you tell with the little ones.

They Ayam Cemani is actually a subcategory and what is displayed is a genetic variant of that in the Ayam Cemani. The ayam cemani which are from Indonesia, are much more advanced there than they are here in the States, only a few were imported and it has been extremely difficult to breed those high qualities back into stock here in the States. The OP is very kind in posting that she has what are considered defects in the breed. The white toes and toenails, the white feathers (leakage) which is not present until the birds are closer to adults, and sometimes not even present until a ways into adulthood. There is also mulberry wattles and combs which is considered an issue.

I breed for show quality, and these traits will still come up in my lines. I do not sell the white toes, but I have to warn people there is a chance the adults can get the other two defects. It is problematic because it is not entirely known what causes these things. Whether some of the defects are a combination of genes, or just simply that they are recessive. So myself and others have been working towards the SOP.

We are located in Utah, but I am NPIP so I ship all over the country. The cost of the chicks are $35 each plus $50 to ship, unless you spend $200 then shipping is free. You can check us out on facebook.com/vividhatchery if you want to see more pics and other info on the ayam cemani. We also have a website that exists but I haven't had a lot of time to develop it yet. You can order there or I could send you an invoice if you want to buy. We guarantee live arrival, so you can be more comfortable about spending money on shipped birds.

Back
Top Bottom