Pet Rabbits

Sooner Chic-en

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 3, 2008
Oklahoma
Does anyone have rabbits for pets along with chickens? Just curious, my husband just called and said he purchased 2 babies!! I'm excited but need some input from other bunny owners.

Hello, I have 2 bunnies. A female dwarf almost 6 years old and a Lionhead male who is going to be 2 years old. He takes good care of the old lady!
love.gif

Well, I don't know what kind they are, he said one was gray and one brown, do you keep yours inside? These are very young, do they get along with your chickens? Do you keep them together? Sorry for all the stupid questions!!

There are NO stupid questions here! My hubby built a nice hutch for them 2 years ago. I like having them outside, no more smell in the house. In the winter months, I have a heat pad that I put in there for the older rabbit. She lays on it all day on really cold days. Yes, they are together, the male is neutered so no babies for the old lady. I actually got him because when we put her outside we felt she needed a friend to keep her warm. Putting the same sex together is just a fight waiting to happen. They will really hurt each other, unless they were litter mates. Ones I raised together in the past from babies, were fine if the same sex. Tame them while young and they are GREAT pets!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom