Pet Sitter Problems...

I'm guessing that the hen was not on the nest and they just took the eggs thinking nothing about it. It's happened to me once, and it was with my Mom!!

I'm guessing that the hen was not on the nest and they just took the eggs thinking nothing about it. It's happened to me once, and it was with my Mom!!
That could very well be the case.....needed sign on nest, "this is the broody nest-do not remove eggs".
Or is it possible that the broody went to another nest?

That could very well be the case.....needed sign on nest, "this is the broody nest-do not remove eggs".
Or is it possible that the broody went to another nest?

Yes, we heard back from them saying that they had taken the eggs when she was off the nest.

I always mark the eggs the hens are sitting with the date, not only for my mental minder of a hatch date and to make it obvious they are being sat on, but it also allows me to remove all the other misc eggs that the other birds sneak into the nest on nearly a daily basis sometimes...

To the OP having her sit for another 3 weeks on new eggs, is not really that much of a stress or harmful to the birds... Some birds will choose to remain broody for months on end just because and it's honestly pretty natural for birds to sit on a new clutch of eggs if the original clutch gets damaged or doesn't hatch...

Hope they candle them before cracking them open...yuck!

Yeah
hmm.png
We told them to candle the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom