'PetChickenDoc' -- a useful diagnostic tool for chicken disease

Thanks so much for that tool! I'm new to chickens and have found that there are not many veterinarians that know/care about chickens. I was told by my vet (who has at least owned chickens) that although poultry medicine is a large part of veterinary science, most of the people who study it work with large commercial operations and the health/death of a single chicken is relatively unimportant to operations like that. As a result, there is not that much research done for conditions that don't cause large scale problems for commercial growers.

I recently dealt with a sick pullet and am grateful that it looks like she will pull through. The scariest thing about it was really having no idea what was really wrong with her and the vet didn't have a confident diagnosis either. I hope your tool will make situations like that much easier for those of us with small flocks!

Thanks again!!

Thanks for giving a try! I've just updated the software(latest version 0.0.0.8), made a small change to the database and fixed a lot bugs.
Please download this new version! If you've found any bugs or have any questions, please just post in this thread. I'll check it as soon as I have time. 3x!

Thanks so much FlyHigher! That tool will come in handy big time, I'm sure, once we get our chickens! Quick way to zoom in probable cause, then we can go to the internet for more in-depth help! I can see this saving newbies, like myself, hours of research when time is of the essence! Again, thanks for sharing that!

Hi, cluck-cluck, RoostersMama, thanks for trying! I hope it can help.
Hi, SaidBlacksmith, I'm sorry to say that this little tool has no mac version for now. To transfer it onto mac OS X, the entire source code need to be rewrite. It involves lots work, so I have no plan to make it cross-platformed for the moment. But maybe it can be rewritten it with HTML5 in the future.

btw, the source code of this software is available on google code now(http://code.google.com/p/petchickendoctor/downloads/list).
It is greatly appreciated if someone can rewrite it with other programming language to make it cross-platformed.

Back
Top Bottom