Petco fish opinions needed

Just got back from Petco and am disappointed

The fancies had ich, were floating or dead

SO I got 3 cheap feeders(my dad is a cheapo!)
SUPER TINY
No shrimp
They just were put in the water after getting acclimated
Let see how they do...
roll.png

Quote:
If you notice, gasping at the surface, clamped fins, sitting on the bottom gasping, redness around the gills or fins, or if one dies, do an immediate partial waterchange. Dont drain it past 50 percent though. You should also do weekly 25-30 percent partials anyways. An air pump and an air stone would be a good addition. Especially during the nitrite spike 2-3 weeks into the cycle. Nitrites inhibit the fish's ability to absorb oxygen. Live plants also help, even tho goldfish will munch them. I have anacharis, bronze wendtii, giant hygro, and red ludwigia in my goldfish tank. I plan on getting some java fern aswell. Plants help keep the tank cleaner, they out compete the algae for food. Not that algae is bad. A healthy aquarium will have a little bit of algae. Goldfish will also munch on algae.

Well
The new ones are hiding in plants
The filter makes lots of bubbles already
I think I may have kinda cracked the tank because of adding in some heavy decor...
But I doubt it.

Quote:
"kinda cracked the tank"?? I guess you will know when you wake up in the morning and your feet get wet walking across the floor. I hope you didn't.
fl.gif

Careful with "super tiny" comets with older larger comets. I've seen my 10 inch long comet suck down a smaller feeder fish comet that jumped out of the breeder net thing. Not a big loss here, since the little feeder was intended to be a feeder... just not for the gold fish.

Back
Top Bottom