Petition signing party! Speaker wanted!!

ssmcbride27

Hatching
5 Years
May 7, 2014
Hello,

I started a Citizen Initiative to get backyard chickens on the ballot for Huber Heights, Ohio. After numerous attempts to work this out with the city failed, I started a political action committee (called CLUCK - Community Led Urban Chicken Keeping) and am now circulating the official petition. We need over 2,000 signatures to get this issue on the ballot! Do you know of any well-known people that would speak at a petition signing event? Preferably someone known for chicken knowledge or sustainable food practices/homesteading. Or if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them!

Unfortunately, the city has forced us to get rid of our own hens. :( How can producing your own food be illegal???

Thanks!

Sarah
hubercluck.com
https://www.facebook.com/bycinhuber

Sarah, I will be paying attention to this if you don't mind. I'm currently living in a city that doesn't allow chickens, and trying to gather support to get the laws changed. Learning as much as I can!

UPDATE: We have over 100 signatures on our petition to get chickens on the ballot for the next election in May. Without the cooperation of the city, we started a Citizen Initiative. We need 2,000 signatures.

City council has called a mtg to discuss chickens again. We're hoping they will work with us now!

Back
Top Bottom