PG 32 to 39 Cindy & Tori's AWESOME! hatch! Plus PICS!!

Quote:
My first set of coturnix eggs i never candle but with these i had a few eggs that were very light in color so i tried it and it was light enough to see some veins and the embryo..lol

the rest i couldn't see anything and i didn't even try to candle all the eggs or i would have been there for almost 30minutes.lol

Last edited:
****UPDATE****

Today is day 9!
clap.gif

The eggs will be coming off the turners in 5 days

Temp: 100

Humidity 50%

Getting Closer....

We are on day 12 too with the eggs that were wrapped in napkins.

Did I send you any in the clear little cartons?

I have read on a few sites now that a humidity of 80% is recomended for
quail. I may try that on my next hatch. Normally my humidity is 45%
then 65% for hatching.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
80%? Wow. I've got quail eggs in, on day 9 today and I normally keep the humidity around 40-45% but this time I'm keeping it between 50-60%. Hoping for a better hatch but if not, I'll try it even higher next time.

Got 6 BO eggs on day 20 today!

Good luck with yours Mark - looks like you're doing great so far!

Quote:
I know very close
ya.gif

i take the eggs off the turners tomorrow morning!

and the humidity when ever i hatch it's always around 75% and that's with almost everything i hatch i hope that's good enough?

ETA: oh and yes you sent some in the clear thingys as well
smile.png

Yesterday and last night was day 12..

today is day 13!

Temp: 100
Humidity: 49%

Last edited:
****UPDATE!!!****

Tonight is day 13 and tomorrow morning after 9:45am will be day 14 witch then i will take all the eggs off the turners

Now a few minutes ago i was changing the battery in the Humidity thingy because i notice it wasn't on so as i was doing that i went on and check some of the eggs that weren't on the turners.. these eggs i place on the metal long thing that doesn't have the turner cups on it i check those eggs every day to make sure they are getting enough heat and i turn them by hand sometimes

well anyways....

each egg that is Circle in BLUE when i picked it up i felt a chick moving in it!
ya.gif

so i know there are some good eggs!

i didn't check all the eggs ..just the ones in blue i checked
smile.png

5429_2009_0102eggs00012.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That is awesome!!!! Thanks for informing me of this post im excited for you!!!! It is way neat feeling them move in the egg isnt it!?!? I love that feeling...or hearing them swallow in the egg that's neat too!
big_smile.png
Ofcourse so is it when they get in the air cell and peep! Goo chickies go
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom