PG 32 to 39 Cindy & Tori's AWESOME! hatch! Plus PICS!!

Quote:
yep I'd hook ya up with em lOL just let me know!
big_smile.png

Also wanted to add to Mark (bird boy) i wonder if those chicks with the golden are golden carriers? could be possible. Like they feather out ot jumbo brown but are carriers of the dominant gold gene? could be possible.

edited again to Mark LOL i tried to message you back again this morning but your inbox is FULLLLLLL
wink.png

Last edited:
I wanted to add...

can't you see in the pics that some of the browns have gold mix in with them? like there body's are brown but there heads are gold or there backs are gold?

Those are just regular Browns...lol I know it looks like they maybe golden but that is just the golden color the brown chicks have.
Good Luck with them!
big_smile.png

It's so neat though.... ( i am gonna take pics in a bit because i just move them to there brooder box )

but i have some chicks that are brown but you can clearly see the golden mix in

now i have some normal brown chicks but i have some that are not brown.. but not a full golden either it's like in between very pretty

( taking pics now )
smile.png

Here is what i mean.....

Here's a normal brown chicks

5429_brown.jpg

And here is a golden chick

5429_golden.jpg

And this one is like a mix color not to brown not to golden

5429_mixcolor.jpg

i don't know if you can see the difference because my camera isn't great.

LOL I know what is tripping you up....but I'm almost 100% sure that chick will feather out just like a Brown.
cool.png

What a great job and congrads. They are sooo tiny. My bator is on the way and I'm thinking I might try some button quail soon.

Quote:
I agree it will feather out to brown, but i wonder if it carries golden, and with golden being a dominant color, is showing through in chick fuzz.

^Mark, I mentioned above this too. I could see it being possible showing up in the chicks color at hatching, but as it matures feathering out to normal brown, BUT possibly carring the geneotype of golden.
smile.png

If you want to test this theory in the future, take both of those golden/brown chicks and breed them together if you get SOME golden chicks....i think my theory is correct-o-mundo
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom