Pgymy goat weight

Mummyhen99

Hatching
Nov 6, 2020
Hi, Iam a new goat mummy, have two pgymy kid goats, one wether one doe, both aged nearly 6 months.
Doe seems fatter and has hay belly often, been told she is bit fat, I've measured their girth, Lulu is 21" Eddie 23" , chart I've found shows Lulu is about 32lb and Eddie about 34Ib, are they ok? I do fret . Both been wormed by vet, have very good coats too.
Any help would be appreciated.

Probably best to ask the question on a farming forum.
Chicken owners are snobs and don't want anything to do with goats :)
I'm sorry. I would help you if I could.
Excuse me? Chicken owners are snobs and don't want anything to do with goats? Since when? A lot of people on this forum have goats as well as other animals and there are any number of experienced goat people on this site. You may have said that in jest. If so, I am sorry if I took offense where none was intended. I for one have had considerable experience with chickens but I know a whole lot more about goats than I will ever know about chickens

Hi, Iam a new goat mummy, have two pgymy kid goats, one wether one doe, both aged nearly 6 months.
Doe seems fatter and has hay belly often, been told she is bit fat, I've measured their girth, Lulu is 21" Eddie 23" , chart I've found shows Lulu is about 32lb and Eddie about 34Ib, are they ok? I do fret . Both been wormed by vet, have very good coats too.
Any help would be appreciated.
I can't help you as far as how much pygmies should weigh. Keep in mind that they were originally bred for meat and as such they tend to be a bit chunky. As they mature you have to make sure they don't get too fat.

Back
Top Bottom