phase 2 landscaping-*update with after pics*

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
today I'm starting to landscape the duck run.
Plans are to build like a raised planter to fill with river rock to put the pool on; I'm sick of mud.
The other half I plan to do the same thing, except cover it in poultry netting and plant in it.
Along the side another planter that goes the length of the whole run. the netting will be angled from the bottom to the top of the fence. I plan on planting some vine type plants in it.
Did I mention I'm sick of mud?

Last edited:
ohhhhh I want to see pics!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I will post pics when its done, and before ones also

Edited to add before pic...this is the mudhole I'm working with. I'm about to go evict the little jerks for the day.

061211190858.jpg

Last edited:
and after pics.

The gate with their pool and the river rocks
061911155855.jpg

The plants in the background are clematis, honeysuckle, joshua grass and autumn Ivy. I decided not to put the netting up to the top. to lazy today. The paving stones in the center are step stones for use to get across the grass field. I seeded it. There is some give in the poultry netting, but standing next to each other they still werent touching the dirt.

061911155903.jpg

The board...it was just in there leaning against the fence for more shade, but it doesn't fit in that spot now. I stuck it there to get it out of the way instead of throwing it over the fence. The ducks aren't impressed. They went right to their food bowl.

061911160302.jpg

and the whole yard. I want to do river rock or pea gravel under their house, but not real sure...do they need contact with dirt? can I avoid my white duck turning brown every time it rains? I thought about paving stones in the whole area, but afraid it will be to hard on their feet and to hot in summer...

and one last one of the whole yard. and no I haven't cleaned up my mess yet. where that mess is is supposed to be my garden. It was started. the ducks ate it. I replanted. the jerks ate it. My garden is now in pots sitting on the railing of my front porch. I hope to be able to plant soon.

061911155927.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom