PHAT Rouen

Benvolio

Hatching
Sep 30, 2020
Heya!

I have a really fat Rouen duck that I adopted a two years ago-ish that is really really chunky. Her name is Potato due to her shape; Potato Shape. I know Rouens are supposed to be fat but her breast drags the ground. She free ranges and has recently moulted her wing feathers. Any way I can get Potato to loose a little weight?

I don't how old she is but I believe she is almost spent, as her egg production has gone down a little lately.

Does she happen to be from exhibition stock? Exhibition rouens are shaped in such a way that they basically do have their breasts touching the ground, and it's just the way they are.

Rouen-Female-John-Hall-Best-of-Breed.jpg

Heya!

I have a really fat Rouen duck that I adopted a two years ago-ish that is really really chunky. Her name is Potato due to her shape; Potato Shape. I know Rouens are supposed to be fat but her breast drags the ground. She free ranges and has recently moulted her wing feathers. Any way I can get Potato to loose a little weight?

I don't how old she is but I believe she is almost spent, as her egg production has gone down a little lately.
:welcome She is a Cutie and very much looks like an Exhibition Rouen.:love Whether she is a purebred Exhibition or a mix with the genetics, that is the other question.:confused:

We currently have a Rouen Drake who also shows Exhibition traits and we are very sure he is not a line breed Exhibition Rouen given who his parents are. Still a very beautiful fun loving Drake. :)

Is it possible that her egg production has gone down because she's molting or because the seasons have changed? My ducks layed year around when they were younger, but now that they are older they decrease laying when the days get shorter. Like now where we live!

Back
Top Bottom