Pheasant Belt?

Anyone have an idea as to why we cannot buy feed on the internet and have it shipped to you?
idunno.gif
I find it weird that you can buy almost anything else but not feed.
hit.gif

I have recently found that I can actually buy game bird starter over here and I was so excited, I was like 'yay, I can feed my birds with the right amount of protein in their feed'. Then I look in the small print and find it must be ordered by the tonne
sad.png
I really don't have any need for that amount of feed. I want to have a pair of buttons, so even a 25kg bag of feed will last me for riduculous amount of time...guess I'll have to keep looking
smile.png

Quote:
I recently found Ozbo.com. Their prices are great, and the shipping is really good. (Sometimes free!)
I ordered a 50lb bag of DE and 125 Egg Cartons during a Free shipping offer.
It saved me a ton!

Here is a link to their Non-Medicated Game Bird starter. Non-Medicated Game Bird starter.

Quote:
You don't need gamebird starter for button quail. You can use 20% chick starter on them.

Really? Oh, that's cool to know
big_smile.png
Can you use that for chicks as well? Is a 19% chick starter okay? I think that's the most I can get a hold of...there was somewhere, I think, that sold 22% but I can't remember where that is. I shall have to have a look for that. Thanks so much!!
smile.png

Quote:
You don't need gamebird starter for button quail. You can use 20% chick starter on them.

big_smile.png
Can you use that for chicks as well? Is a 19% chick starter okay? I think that's the most I can get a hold of...there was somewhere, I think, that sold 22% but I can't remember where that is. I shall have to have a look for that. Thanks so much!!
smile.png

19% should be fine, you can always offer egg yolks or meal worms in addition to the feed to increase their protein intake if you're worried about it. I have always raised my buttons on 20% starter, 19% isn't that much less.

Quote:
big_smile.png
smile.png

19% should be fine, you can always offer egg yolks or meal worms in addition to the feed to increase their protein intake if you're worried about it. I have always raised my buttons on 20% starter, 19% isn't that much less.

Okay, thank you for that
big_smile.png
Do you incubate your button eggs, or does your hen sit on her own eggs? I am trying to decide if I should buy an incubator or not
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom